Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a debadged grill but i currently dont have it on. Bit bored so soon i might refit it!

Anyways the one i have is i beleive just the FK one. What have people used to stick the blanking plate to the bonnet though? I was going to use silicone but its white and would look awful! What have you lot done?

Cheers!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I bought a kamei mesh grill and it came with a metal compound,but i will probably get it welded and smoothed for a perfect finish.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the thing, i dont really want it on there for good. More of a temp thing so i can put my standard one back on if i ever want to sell it.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
i've got an FK debadge grill on mine at the moment.

the peice to fill the bonnet cut out is held in by 2 small self tapping screws.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Where do you get the fk ones from, how do you do the infill, dont wanna have to respray my bonnet!
dont get the FK one they fit rubbish(they all seem to have a slight twist to the slats)

get a mattig one (R&A design do them)

the piece for the bonnet comes with both kits...

·
Registered
113 Posts
i've just fitted an FKgrille.. i'm not very pleased with it really :-s i'm probably going to take it off this weekend. I also wasn't too keen on doing anything permanent to the body work. It's a shame because in my old MK2 I had lots of body styling but was able to remove it all back to standard within a few hours!

·
Registered
195 Posts
This is the Mattig grill

Posted Image

And this is the Kamei grille, i prefer the Kamei grille because it is cleaner whereas the Mattig item seems botched together:

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
The bonraths are great, and they are built very well and fit like a glove. I have a bonrath one for sale (MK4 Golf) if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Hi,

I got a Kamei mesh grill on mine, and the bonnet recess where the badge usually fills it, is filled in by the grill itself as it has a piece that sticks up above the grill and fills the hole in - so its easy to swap between the kamei and back to original if you like.

Got no pics at moment, but will post some up here tomorrow for ya....

[watch this space]

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
This is the Mattig grill

Posted Image

And this is the Kamei grille, i prefer the Kamei grille because it is cleaner whereas the Mattig item seems botched together:
mate...thats not the matig grill that i ment...

i ment the debadged slat style that matig do...they use the old bonrath patern i think ?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I agree with the comments on the FK grill.....its the worst thing on my car!

I'll be getting a bonrath one from german ebay, or a mattig one eventually.

Anyone had quotes on getting the bonnet crescent welded up and spraying the bonnet?

·
Registered
195 Posts
check ebay fast, there was a bonrath grill on there for sale wednesday for only ?24 iirc from Bonrath themselves.

Im getting a carbon fibre bonnet which wont have the notch in it so it should look perfect with my debadged grill

1 - 20 of 21 Posts