Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a debadged grill but i currently dont have it on. Bit bored so soon i might refit it!

Anyways the one i have is i beleive just the FK one. What have people used to stick the blanking plate to the bonnet though? I was going to use silicone but its white and would look awful! What have you lot done?

Cheers!

· Registered
113 Posts
i've just fitted an FKgrille.. i'm not very pleased with it really :-s i'm probably going to take it off this weekend. I also wasn't too keen on doing anything permanent to the body work. It's a shame because in my old MK2 I had lots of body styling but was able to remove it all back to standard within a few hours!

· Registered
1,481 Posts
Hi,

I got a Kamei mesh grill on mine, and the bonnet recess where the badge usually fills it, is filled in by the grill itself as it has a piece that sticks up above the grill and fills the hole in - so its easy to swap between the kamei and back to original if you like.

Got no pics at moment, but will post some up here tomorrow for ya....

[watch this space]

· Registered
1,937 Posts
This is the Mattig grill

Posted Image

And this is the Kamei grille, i prefer the Kamei grille because it is cleaner whereas the Mattig item seems botched together:
mate...thats not the matig grill that i ment...

i ment the debadged slat style that matig do...they use the old bonrath patern i think ?

· Registered
282 Posts
I agree with the comments on the FK grill.....its the worst thing on my car!

I'll be getting a bonrath one from german ebay, or a mattig one eventually.

Anyone had quotes on getting the bonnet crescent welded up and spraying the bonnet?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.