Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

Not a happy chappy at the moment!

Picked up my R32 yesterday and i always check to make sure the car was as i left it. I have noticed that someone has kerbed my rear left wheel. The mark is about 3 cm long and you can tell when it's just been done as it looks fresh. ( Jagged edges and a shine to the scrape)

Now it's very hard to prove, but what i'll probably do is just write a letter of complaint indicating that i won't ever take my car there again.

Not sure if i'm allowed to name and shame.......if i am allowed me let me know!!

What should i do??

Darren

·
Registered
813 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate!

Best advice - Don't take it to the stealers. These l**tle sheisters (not all) always thrash the car for a test drive after a service. Anyone care to defend?

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Take a look in the Dealers and Servicing forum, it snew and just appeared!

You should find some information in there regarding where to go from here.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, will look into that forum.

They went on a 17 mile test drive and i noticed that used a lot of fuel with a average mpg of 13!!!!!

Someone has a heavy foot.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Similar thing happened to me, booked it in for a quick check up,
I saw the technician booting the car down and flying over the
road hump, where he almost lost control and then once he got it in the
workshop I could here the guy blipping the hell out of my
exhaust, I think they got too excited once they get hold of a modded
car, as they just wanna thrash the hell out of it. I`m def not taking
it back to that place once she hits 60k[:mad:]

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I think you should def follow up with the dealers, its just not
on. Sounds like they went for a bit of a joy ride too 17 miles!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would watch them....only takes one of the idiots to take it for a spin and crash it...then your left without a car!

NAME AND SHAME

·
Registered
39 Posts
i'd make sure that i knew the mileage of my car when i drop it off. I used to have a Volvo C70 as a company car a few years back and it went in for a new rear bumper and bonnet (i got rear ended and pushed into the car infront) and came back with nearly 20 miles extra on the clock. I suppose the technicians don't really get to drive the cars from the showroom so when they get a chance to drive something with a bit of poke that looks good too, then they take their opportunity when they 'road test'.

·
Registered
352 Posts
My mate works for KwikFit - he always takes the cars out and thrashes them about for a few minutes. I've made sure everyone I know doesn't take their car there - I don't see the funny side.

I always reset my milage meter when I drop my car off, also making a notice of the total miles, and even the trip computer, and politely tell them I will be checking it when I get back to make sure there has been no misuse. I've found genuine garages have absolutly no problem with you saying that. If they kick up a fuss - you just get in and drive off as they obviously have something to hide.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Take it back and make them put a new one on it! They will note on all jobs the state of the car...dents/scratches etc, so if it wasnt noted on the job sheet you can prove it happened after. They should have the facility to claim the parts under warrenty if its newish, so it wont even cost them anything.

Dont ask, dont get!

·
Registered
487 Posts
I know loads of mechanics - sorry - ahem, Vehicle technicians, who take
cars on long road tests and sometimes do thrash them. Generally if it's
a nice car they may go and show off to their mates at another garage or
a mates nearby. I've had friends turn up in all sorts - even
Aston Martins!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thats out of order!, 17 miles!, glad to hear they are fixing the kurb though.

Just a quick one as were on this subject about trusting dealers/garages.

Iam taking mine in for some new brake discs and pads in a few weeks and iam dreading it incase they mark my alloys.

Should i mention the fact my wheels are unmarked (touch wood) and get them to witness this fact when i drop it off?, i dont wanna sound like a penis but also dont wanna have to start a rukus if they mark my wheels?

Advice please folks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I allway's tell the dealer,under no circumstances,has any one to test drive my car.

And if they need to test it,i will drive with the tech in the passenger side.

Most work doesnt need a test drive,they just see it as a good skive.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thats out of order!, 17 miles!, glad to hear they are fixing the kurb though.

Just a quick one as were on this subject about trusting dealers/garages.

Iam taking mine in for some new brake discs and pads in a few weeks and iam dreading it incase they mark my alloys.

Should i mention the fact my wheels are unmarked (touch wood) and get them to witness this fact when i drop it off?, i dont wanna sound like a penis but also dont wanna have to start a rukus if they mark my wheels?

Advice please folks.
Not sounding daft, but maybe worth taking before and after pics with the digital camera?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Once the wheel is repaired it wont be going back to that place again.

The service my local dealer gives is not very good. They dont even wash the car.

I bought it from Sidlow in East Grinstead and they are very very good!!! I'll be taking it back their from Monday!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts