Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Just About To Take The Plunge And Order A New Gti MKV. Have Spent Several Hours On Colour Spec Ect. Finally Came Up With :-

3Door,Tornado Red,Electric Sunroof,18" Monzas,Lux Pack 2,ArmRest With Ipod Prep,HighLine Computer,Rear Tinted Windows From "B" Pillar Back,Smokers Pack,Bi-Xenon HeadLights,WinterPack,Rear Parking Sensor. Total ?23275.00 O.T.R.Also Intend To Get Cruise Control Fitted By Dealer It's Cheaper Than Factory Fitted ?150.00. Factory Fitted ?270.00 Strange But True.

I Have No Trade In And Will Be Paying Cash. Can Anyone Tell Me If Discounts Are Available At This Present Time, What Should I Aim To Get? Would They Discount The Standard Spec Car Only Or Could You Get Discounts On Factory Fitted Items Aswell.Just Need Some Kind Of Figure To Aim For To Get A Good Deal. Any Help Would Be Appreciated.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discounts on the GTi are not all that great but there are some out there. If you don't mind waiting and don't mind about having an import you could save some more money by buying an import (see seperate thread) I'd get on the phone and call loads of dealers and don't just limit to local dealers if you could save ??? by traveling 200 miles then do it, train or even air travel isn't much nowadays and its also fun.

You have got off to a good start by deciding on your spec and you know the price, now just get on the phone !

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I'm Just About To Take The Plunge And Order A New Gti MKV. Have Spent Several Hours On Colour Spec Ect. Finally Came Up With :-

3Door,Tornado Red,Electric Sunroof,18" Monzas,Lux Pack 2,ArmRest With Ipod Prep,HighLine Computer,Rear Tinted Windows From "B" Pillar Back,Smokers Pack,Bi-Xenon HeadLights,WinterPack,Rear Parking Sensor. Total ?23275.00 O.T.R.Also Intend To Get Cruise Control Fitted By Dealer It's Cheaper Than Factory Fitted ?150.00. Factory Fitted ?270.00 Strange But True.

I Have No Trade In And Will Be Paying Cash. Can Anyone Tell Me If Discounts Are Available At This Present Time, What Should I Aim To Get? Would They Discount The Standard Spec Car Only Or Could You Get Discounts On Factory Fitted Items Aswell.Just Need Some Kind Of Figure To Aim For To Get A Good Deal. Any Help Would Be Appreciated.
Hi GT-DUB

I emailed a dozen dealers with the spec I wanted, and one came up trumps.

Just a thought.

Out of interest is rear tints a dealer option.?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YES !Rear Tinted Windows From Rear "B" Pillar Back Is Now An Optional Factory Fit Item On The Model Year 2006 Gti Along With Ipod Prep In Front Centre Arm Rest.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I Say Rear Tinted Windows I Know All The Windows Are Tinted As Standard, But This New Option is A Darker Tint To The Rear Windows Only A Sort Of Privacy Tint Just Like. I Presume Dont Realy Know Hav'nt Seen One With Them Yet? Also Not 100% Sure Also If The Rear Hatch Window Also Has This Darker Tint. Will Have To Enquire About This With Dealer Unless Anyone Here Knows??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just Been On The drivethedeal Site Put Same Spec in Came Up With ?1138.35 Discount That Works Out At About 4.9% Discount.Which isNot Bad I Think. Not Sure About Drivethedeal Though How Long Delivery Time Is ect. They Claim To Source There Vehicles From UK Vw dealers And Are Not Pre-Registered. Anyone Dealt With These People Any Prob,s With Delivery PDI Ect. What Happens If You Have Problem Will Your Local Dealer Sort it or do You Have To Go Back to Original Suppliers I Presume You Also Get The Full 3 Year UK Warranty??

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Just Been On The drivethedeal Site Put Same Spec in Came Up With ?1138.35 Discount That Works Out At About 4.9% Discount.Which isNot Bad I Think. Not Sure About Drivethedeal Though How Long Delivery Time Is ect. They Claim To Source There Vehicles From UK Vw dealers And Are Not Pre-Registered. Anyone Dealt With These People Any Prob,s With Delivery PDI Ect. What Happens If You Have Problem Will Your Local Dealer Sort it or do You Have To Go Back to Original Suppliers I Presume You Also Get The Full 3 Year UK Warranty??
All they do is put you in touch with a UK dealer who will sell you the car at the price. After that its the same as if you had ordered from that dealer, not pre-registered, car built to order, 3 year warranty etc. If there is a problem any dealer will sort it.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I have just ordered my MKV GTI and got ?875 discount from the dealer, no part ex either.

I was quite happy with this as only expected ?500 tops [:)]

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi

I got ?500 dissy and the salesman said I was the first he know's to get one cos they don't discount GTI's or R32's as they are so indemand...?

I also got the paint & cloth protection thingy for half price and a couple of dealer add on's for free.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Hi

I got ?500 dissy and the salesman said I was the first he know's to get one cos they don't discount GTI's or R32's as they are so indemand...?
He is only half right - the R32 is not discounted but 5% can be had off a GTI.

·
Registered
46 Posts
my local dealership offered me a very good discount. the fleet sales department are good customers of my family's chinese takeaway. managed to get 10% discount and ?200 compensation from VW as they messed up my first order.

this is on a 1.9 tdi sport

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can anyone give me details of dealers who gave them discounts on there gti`s.

I have had no discount on the price, all they would give is free mat paint which I declined.

For me to buy from them, I have said I want free mat paint, 18 monzas, cruise (?150), then I would pay there rrp (?20,360).

Any advive on better deals.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Whats mat paint?

I got my discount from Stourbridge Volkswagen. ?875, I did have some options, rear parking sensors, rc500 & dash 6cd, centre armrest, highline comp, 18" monza II's, DSG, and dealer cruise control.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts