Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , has anyone got the part numbers for the delocking kit for my drivers side door , this will include the cap wont it?, please?,

thanks zak

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Don't have the PNs handy, but there's no "kit" as such.

What you need are the parts used on a rear door -

The blank cap.

The dummy barrel.

Any half-decent parts bloke will find those easily. The metal disc is tough to get, as the dealers need to order a pack of 100. Use a 5p instead.

The part for the cap differs if you want plain black, or pre-primed for painting.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Dummy Barrel - 3B4 839 167 - ?2.44 inc vat

Black Cap - 3B4 839 879 3FZ - ?1.92 inc vat

Primed Cap - 3B4 839 879A GRU - ?3.18 inc vat

Blanking Disc - METALDISC - FOC

I still have loads of blanking discs so if anyone needs some send me a PM.

hth

Matt

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Matte, will get the parts ordered tomorrow, have sent you Pm regarding the blanking plate.

thanks Zak

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by hz2921 on 13/01/2005 14:54:56

Thanks Matte, will get the parts ordered tomorrow, have sent you Pm regarding the blanking plate.

thanks Zak

Zak, before you do that check the scrappy's, I got mine from scrappy already in reflex silver!!

No need to paint then!![:D]

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good idea Mark, does anyone know of any vw breakers in the south, preferably in London, or essex?.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by stokeballoon on 13/01/2005 19:29:02

I have a set for one door (barrel and cap) in Satin Silver, lacquered ready to fit, for ?12 posted.

Let me know.

He's got a black car, but no doubt somebody on here will need a nice reflex silver one[:D]

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Matte , have sent you a PM regarding the metaldisc, and thanks MideDav, for the fitting instructions.

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mikedav, in your fitting guide, you say that you do not have to install the blanking metal disc, dosnt that defeat the object of de locking the door?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by hz2921 on 15/01/2005 15:55:01

Mikedav, in your fitting guide, you say that you do not have to install the blanking metal disc, dosnt that defeat the object of de locking the door?

No bud, There is some significance to this metal disc, but If someone really wants to try that hard to get in your car this way they are gonna do it anyway. I havn't fitted the metal disc... just fitted the blanking steel and new plastic cap.[:D]

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
When I did the mod and wrote the guide I had no disc, and was of the opinion that from the thiefs point of view, he can't tell either way. If he knows enough to break in using that particular method, he can see its got not lock and sumise that I must have put the metal plate in.

But for the record, I was given one at a meet a few months back and installed it.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by Gti Fly on 15/01/2005 23:17:57

Personally I think its pointless if you delock and don't fit the metaldisc.

In effect you're making the car less secure

Can someone explain to me what exactly the metal disc does?[?] Surely its as easy to remove as it is to fit? therefore what does it do give the thief a few more seconds grief?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
It blanks off the slot so the thief can't turn it to the open position with a screwdriver. Superglue it in place and he ain't gonna remove it quickly!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by Sem on 16/01/2005 11:01:19

It blanks off the slot so the thief can't turn it to the open position with a screwdriver. Superglue it in place and he ain't gonna remove it quickly!

Ahh I understand now... but!! If for any reason you want to go back to having a lock there are you not shafting yourself?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts