Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got a 'How too' Guide on delocking our cars?

I now have the 'kit' comprising if 2x cast alloy blank locks and 2x plastic, primered covers and the 2 part paint spray and lacker.

I have heard lots re: silicon and 5pence peices etc but dont know where they fit in the equation!!

Please someone put me out of my misery and put me in the picture!![:D]

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Me too I have the bits but haven't started yet due to conflicting reports (with photos if poss)

I was going to do one this weekend but got rather drunk on Saturday and spent all day sunday in bed feeling sorry for myself. I now get 2 day hangovers must be getting old.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Guys, i did the delock the other week and it is dead easy. To remove the locks, take off the plastic cap on the inside edge of the door and then insert a torx 20 screw driver into the hole and fit into the screw. Turn anti-clockwise 6 or 7 times untill you feel resistance then pull the door handle to the open position and romove the lock and it's cover. Insert the new dummy lock with it's cover in place, and tighten the tork back up. Replace the black cap and bobs yer uncle.

hope this helps.

Post anymore questions and i'll keep my eyes on this topic! [:D]

·
Registered
252 Posts
Careful not to screw the torx bit to far or it will drop the retaining clip inside the door and you will not be able to secure the replacement lock.

And its a bigger job to get into the insides of the door.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Otto

Careful not to screw the torx bit to far or it will drop the retaining clip inside the door and you will not be able to secure the replacement lock.

And its a bigger job to get into the insides of the door.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT FORGET THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,131 Posts
Wow I've just ordered said parts from Wayside Towcester and the guy on the end of the phone was very helpful. So I'll be up and running by tuesday.

I may even make this my first official "how to" on my new website so any further details from you experienced chaps would be appreciated!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.