Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have got parts to do the de-lock mod except the Metal Disc. Have been into my local dealers on 3 seperate occasions asking for the part but they tell me it doesn't exist. Obviously they don't know what they're talking about so is there anywhere else I can get them???

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
you just go the the dealers and say I want a metaldisc ... the part number is METALDISC.

Anyway, failing that you could try just using a 5p coin ?? Ive heard of some people who have done that.

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
Welcome back to a nearly 6 year old thread.

·
Registered
214 Posts
may sound thick[doh] but ive got no idea of locking mechanism,[:S] can u explain futher, as i mentioned before the main dealer who sold this over ebay said all i need to do is glue the metal blank in and cover, they have some serious 00000 feedback so didnt doubt them [:cool:]

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
You dont need to glue the metal disc in, its a perfect fit.

I used a telescopic magnet to locate the disc in place and press it in.

·
Registered
214 Posts
You dont need to glue the metal disc in, its a perfect fit.

I used a telescopic magnet to locate the disc in place and press it in.
didnt even get a metal disc[:cool:][:cool:][*-)][*-)][*-)][:cool:] ONLY a metal part wich replaced the lock barrel i glued this into the door and fitted the plastic cap on top

·
Registered
210 Posts
can You send me a metal disc?
Checked my email today to find lots of emails from a post almost 6 years ago!!
Since then I've moved house twice and had four other cars! (back in a VW now though [Y] )

Anyway, no I haven't got any discs left, but as mentioned above, just go to a dealer and give them this part number METALDISC they will probably have to order them but they should be FOC

Matt

1 - 19 of 19 Posts