Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the handle cap on the rear doors is the same as the de-lock caps for the front? Got a chance to get some rear handle caps in the right colour so thinking this could save me cocking up the spraying.

Thanks,

Geoff

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
its not just the caps you need to stop the thievin little shats using a screw driver to open baby up. you need to little blankin plate.

if you want it just for looks can u not just get the rear caps and size them up? i cant see no reason why they would not fit.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I've got the whole kit but rather than spray the caps I've got I was thinking of getting the right colour ones from the rear from a car being broken locally. I can get them and see just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure before I took the things apart [:cool:]

·
Registered
58 Posts
I want to do this too. Have ordered the delock kit but I am rubbish at spraying so trying to find a car being broken in the same colour.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
as regards to spraying fellas dont be scared of it. especially something so small. A nice rub down so its smooth, couple coats of primer, and 3 or 4 coats of paint. you could have them done in half a day, just make sure its dry before you spray again. let it harden over night in a warm place and lacquer the day after.

take your time and apply thin equal layered coats. give it a try you mite get hooked! [Y]

·
Registered
58 Posts
as regards to spraying fellas dont be scared of it. especially something so small. A nice rub down so its smooth, couple coats of primer, and 3 or 4 coats of paint. you could have them done in half a day, just make sure its dry before you spray again. let it harden over night in a warm place and lacquer the day after.

take your time and apply thin equal layered coats. give it a try you mite get hooked!
I have tried and made a mess a few times! I think I put too much paint on and dont leave long enough between coats. Plus at the moment I don't really have anywhere warm to paint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts