Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to de-cat my GT TDI 115.. How much can i roughly can for my old cat? Im told (Hopefully correctly) I dont need a cat on my car to pass an MOT..

So if i de-cat and sell my other one im hoping i have to pay only a small amount for my de-cat as my old cat will scrap at a good price. But how much!?

Does anyone know!?

Thanks,
Lewis.

·
Registered
111 Posts
LMAO

You want at least £100 for it, to buy if you dont pass MOT it'll be around the £250-£350 point so don't let it go for peanuts.

I'm decatting but it's not worth selling for less than £100 :)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
being ripped off then adam, bloke who buys them this way had 20 of a banger racing mate of mine, all mondeo cats, just over the £420 mark! theres good money in scrap cats if you know where to go,!!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
FYI, on the 115PD, I priced a down pipe with CAT from VW and they wanted £620 just to supply it..

My Garage fitted a full exhaust (downpipe with CAT from a 130), middle pipe and rear box for nothing as I negotiated with him to keep the 'scrap' including CAT, he was taken aback at first, but when I said I'll pay his labour & take all the exhaust back including scrap he soon okayed it.. (Two hours labour he reckons it was worth...so £70).

After the job was done he reckons some chancers offer peanuts but he used someone else that offers more than double the local scrap man.

FYI, the CAT on the 115 was way bigger than the 130 version that was fitted, both OEM full exhausts.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I weighed in a scrap mk3 a few weeks back and I'm sure he gave me ?80 for the cat. But hes a rip off anyway, just only one open on a Saturday.

·
Registered
300 Posts
well, im going to weigh the one off my 110 in at dinner, scrapped plenty of petrol cats in before, and usually get around the £50 mark. we'll see what they give me for this large one off the tdi.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts