Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a de cat pipe to fit, just wondering if anyone has heard of any problems with the lamba probes sensing the emissions are wrong and / or dose the engine management light come on?

Its a supersprint decat pipe and it has the fittings for the lamba proabs.

cheers in advance.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Ah, thanks Rich.

I was going off a post by evilhomer stating that they didnt do them.

So I assume the Milltek DP and Cat are bolted together via a flange or similar to allow easy fit and removal of a decat pipe?

·
Registered
287 Posts
from what I remember it is a flat flange at the dp/cat join. can't recall if it's a flange (mmm I like that word) or a normal tube clamp at the next part. Removing the first silencer box is also a goodun if you don't want to take your cat off. or do both!

Rich

·
Registered
836 Posts
Blueflame do de-cats, don't know prices though...

Where does this onbolt at the front? Does it have stud breaking potential?

Cheap way would be to sleeve a stright piec of tub in place of the cut ( Hack saw it off... and sleeve the CAT back on tfor the MOT)

What sort of gains can be expected for a 1.8T doing this?

Scott

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Hello All,

Well I have a de-cat and no centre silencer on a milltek system.

I have experienced no problems and have been running it for nearly two months and covered nearly a thousand miles, what I have is a 3 inch downpipe straight onto the 2.5 inch system.

Performance wise I have not had a chance to get the car on the rolling road and have also not had it on before this pipe was done with a correct reading so cant tell the exact improvements in BHP terms, what I can say is spool up is improved as is top end and as stated below you get some more noise.

Noise wise it is not loud at idle or pottling about but once you hit 3k on WOT it gets nice an deep, you can also hear the turbo working and I dont mean wistling its kind of mechanical and I like it, it gargles a little bit but as yet no back firing on my APR chip but a small back fire on standard map on a trailing throttle which was odd.

Cost wise the downpipe and conneting to the standard cat back system cost ?129 inc VAT from milltek, the centre silencer straight through pipe was ?55 I think again from milltek.

HTH

Henry

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.