Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, has anyone painted any dsah parts ie: cup holder... ashray cover...thinking of doing mine as new oem parts are epensive! ..not sure what paint is best for the job. any ideas? or pictures of finished items would be great!

Cheers

T

·
Registered
553 Posts
Wow that is a nice job.

here is an other option piano black like the S3,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It a simple job, I quite enjoyed doing it. nothing worse than that walnut trim when the light hits it

Rb

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I see orange peel mate [:p] you should of gave it a sand between layers to smooth the paintwork out.. did you polish it before you reattached the bits to the car??

Sat [y]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
If you wanted to give it a once over you can give it a 1500 grit wet wash with wet n dry.. and then use some cutting compound to loose the hazyness effect then again polish and wax then you would have some smooth mofo paint you could even get some reflections [:p]

hth

Sat [y]

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yep got it off Flee bay.

It was sold as a brand new OEM part. I think its of the later cars, mine had a walnut nasty

so it had to go, I like it, it suits the new dash much better and finishes the job nicely.

Back on the subject of painting the dash, I was really tempted to do it the same color as the car

which is the dragon green, but decided agaist it, now im tempted again

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I thought about coding it to the car, but I think it might look like bare metal work, like you get on cheap superminis, like how the ford ka has on the doors. when I get my new wheels (either r32 aristos or oz superturissmos) i'm gonna have them refurbed in black chrome, might see if they can do the dash inserts in that too, might look good, plus might look good with the LED reflecting on it, and tie in nicely with the recaro colour

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
i had mine done the same colour as the car - black magic pearl.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

will do some proper pics one day, just keep reusing the ones i've got.

jammy

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
looks good in black, think tho body colours other than that and silver will look a bit odd. got a great shine on urs there!

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Hi, has anyone painted any dsah parts ie: cup holder... ashray cover...thinking of doing mine as new oem parts are epensive! ..not sure what paint is best for the job. any ideas? or pictures of finished items would be great!

Cheers

T
this should help you just scroll down a bit to the how to bit i did mine yesterday it looks rather nice in silver

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2097335

1 - 18 of 18 Posts