Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to use one of the blanking switch in my Golf dash to operate my electric garage. Currently the remote has to be clipped to the sun visor.

Where can I find a switch, preferably luminated to match the dash - [Y]

Cheers -

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
you want an ASR or ESP type button, that'd be well cool, as you drive up to your house, press a VW button and see the door open.

cooool

jammy

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Old School UkMkivs Member
2,166 Posts
you want an ASR or ESP type button, that'd be well cool, as you drive up to your house, press a VW button and see the door open.

cooool

jammy
As Jammy says, if you want it to look 'genuine VW' use an ASR or ESP genuine VW switch to fit in one of the blanks.

I got an ESP switch off eBay just to fill the blank switch to the left of the hazards switch. I have wired it up so it lights up with the others but doesnt actually do anything when you press it as I have no ESP to turn on!

It could easily be wired up to perform another function, such as your garage door, with some basic wiring skills. The only problem I can see you having with it is that an ASR/ESP switch is a Push to on, Push to off style switch, whereas you would most likely need a switch that turns on when you push and off when you release it.
I reckon the mechanism in an ASR/ESP switch could easily be modified to do this though.

·
Old School UkMkivs Member
2,166 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey Lads,

If anyone is thinking of doing this with that TAXI switch, please take lots of pictures at various stages and post it as a how to, because I really want to do this.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
this is about using a button to remotely open a garage door mate!

why not start you own topic up in the engine section asking this instead of dragging up a 2 year old thread?!

just a suggestion!

jammy

·
Registered
461 Posts
hi all,

dose anyone know if you retro fit esp to a mk4 golf v5?

any help woild be great.

thanks

al
If you could it would cost a small fortune as there are loads of sensors that monitor different things on the car. I imagine it's kinda like the 'retro fitting climate control' question people ask - it possible, but the cost would be immense.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts