Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Got a Mk4 1.4 Golf.

I'm after either Dare Rs Wheels or Calibre Vintage Wheels.

Now will these wheels fit or need modification? i.e coilovers/spacers?

I'm looking at either 18" or 19"? Also am i best buying the rims on their own and getting my tyres fitted. Or buying them with tyres fitted??

Lots of these wheels also come with the option of wider rears? are they the best to have?

I am after a stanced look. But also after a rough price of what its going to cost.

Thanks In Advance.

Dion :)

·
Much Uk. Very Mkivs. WOW.
4,743 Posts
I'd go for the Calibre set. IMO they seem alot better quality although they are more pricey, i'd rather spend it. I'd go for 18x8-8.5j fronts and 18x9-9.5j rears. 205/40/18 tyres all around and coilovers wound quite a fair way down on the front (may need aftermarket or removal of the ARB) I think you would want maybe a 5mm spacer on the fronts and a 10mm on the rear or 10 on the front and 15-20 on the back for a nice stanced look (Will most likely need the arches rolled).

Wheels £1050.96(with budget tyres brand new. Autoalloys.com. Might be cheaper else where)
Coilovers £165 (DPM)

Spacers £190 (DPM, H&R 10mm front, 20mm Rear. You can get cheaper spacers but I recommend these)
Arch roller (Rented from around £25 a day)
Front ARB £156 (Whiteline, DPM. Unless you want to remove it then it will be free )

That comes to £1586.96
You could get away with just the wheels and coilovers (£1215.96) but if you're wanting the stanced look I'd go with the spacers etc. You will need at least a 5mm up front to clear the strut though.
Sorry about the essay just though I'd help you out as I'm bored waiting for a film to download haha
Anymore help though I'm happy to help mate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.