Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've wondering whether anyone has one of these fitted ??

Would these manifold's loose torque as I understand they improve top end breathing and alledgedly give a 10-15bhp gain ??

As it's a straight swap on the 1.8T would it benefit cars on the smaller K03 sport for example my car has an APR chip with Milltek DP CAT Zorst etc or are these manifolds intended for the big boys IHI

etc ??

Would be nice to just bolt it on and get a 15bhp gain....would take mine to a nice 240bhp or thereabouts

How much are they ??

Ianb

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I was speaking this week to Ed who has just fitted this kit on his car, which is now running 310bhp or similar with a Sportec kit. He is very impressed with the quality of the Dahlback kit and it has improved the top-end performance of his engine.

This was after he had flashed me on a lightly-trafficked dual carriageway and we had a diesel vs petrol shootout. His car is fast! Great fun.

You can PM him but he does not post on here often any more. Phone him (he works at AmD Technik in Bicester) or contact him through his website www.fastgolf.co.uk which is also well worth a look.

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Bill it's available as left handed, right handed, big port, small port etc. Uses the same throttle body. JBR performance are trying to bring some in.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Sounds interesting.... anyone got oany pics or info on it?

Would be nice if it worked well on the smaller ko3S turbo, but somehow with Dahlbacks reputation i cant see it being designed for "small" turbos.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Ah, didnt know they made SC's also Spencer but when he asked what an IHI was as in the context of the first post in this thread - its a turbo [:p]

www.ihi-turbo.com/

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Would the Dahlback item be similar Jabba's manifold ??

I may ring AmD on the subject or get them to firm up use on the smaller turbo's ie K03 etc

Good if it were to give 10-15bhp without too much torque loss

Ian

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Quote: posted by ianb on 07/11/2004 21:19:51

Would the Dahlback item be similar Jabba's manifold ??

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Jabba's product is an exhaust manifold not an intake manifold?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Not sure if you saw it, but I put up a link to a post I saw on vortex here

about using the manifold from an audi 1.8T which "supposedly" has a 45% greater capacity than the golf, but would require a slight modification of the DP to fit - the thread seemed to go off at a tangent, so I'm not sure if it was a beneficial mod, but it could be a starting point[?]

Probably a bit cheaper than Dahlback too[;)]

DOH! Just realised you were talking about inlet and I was talking about exhaust....muppet[:eek:)][:I]

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
As I thought - found it on the www.dahlbackracing.se website

part # DBR.IN4C.5V.V1

Intake manifold for front mounted intercooler giving exact equal pressure to all cylinders. Gives an increase of 10-15 hp on a 300 hp engine.

VW Golf

844 EUR

1056 EUR inc VAT

Posted Image

Cool! [8D]

·
Registered
680 Posts
so uif JBR are going to get some in.. how about a nice GB kick off discount?

Get the price down to ?300 and I'll have one for the ibiza

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What a good idea Bill

Spoke to AmD........they may use my MKIV for some testing purposes on the smaller K03

Ian

·
Registered
680 Posts
Wilko said Edd saw a 15bhp gain on his S3 engined MKIV... from fitting one of these manifolds.

My ibiza will certainly benefit from it with its high airflow..

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes he is.

He's e-mailing Dalback with my request for a manifold.

Apparently there are different applications for different specs according to AMD.

It's worth asking especially if it's a reasonable priced bolt on item.

Ian

·
Registered
680 Posts
Quote: posted by Geeba on 09/11/2004 10:37:07

Edd from AmD? isn't he running 300+hp with a Sportec kit thou?

So whats a Sportec kit then?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts