Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. starting to look for my holiday for this year. as iv a nearly payed my last one off lol... looking to go to cyprus for 2 weeks. anyone been and whats your thoughts? recommend anywhere. im looking to spend no more than ?2000 for 2 people (ish)

this is what iv found so far i like the look of this place http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/cyprus/larnaca-region/nissi-beach/hotels/atlantica-aeneas-resort.html

this is ?1800 with flights/transfers/onflight meal and its half board

whats your thoughts about sunny cyprus in july? if anyone has pics of where they have been that would be great too..

cheers

gray

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'm off to Cancun, Mexico in june, 2 weeks, all inclusive (that includes beer!), 4 star hotel with 5 different restaurants, meals on flight etc, with First choice, ?877 all in [Y]

....Cant wait [:D]

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NO WAY!! thats where me and my mrs wants to go but we cant find it for under ?3000 [:O]

is it a nice resort by the beach? dont supose you can drop me the details can you? thats spot on.im jelous lol....

gray

·
Registered
881 Posts
Snap! So did i!

I'm pretty certain you'd be able to get a holiday for 2 to cancun for ?2000, just had a quick look on the thompson site and prices start at ?814 per person (although i didn't look at the details of it)

Might be worth a look [Y]

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Snap! So did i!

I'm pretty certain you'd be able to get a holiday for 2 to cancun for ?2000, just had a quick look on the thompson site and prices start at ?814 per person (although i didn't look at the details of it)

Might be worth a look [Y]
yep thats where the mrs looked. yeh the prices start at that then you add bits on ect and it went to ?1500 each shock. i got a bargain off them last year for tunisia...ok i wanna go to cancun the race is on to find somewhere around 2K for 2 in a 4 star+......

let us know that info when you find it mate

cheers for looking too

·
Registered
942 Posts
Sheesh kebab, I did Cancun in October 05 for about ?1,800 for 2 of us. Be aware that May/June to September/October is hurricane season though. We stayed at the Riu Tequila in Playa Car. All of the Riu hotels aren't too bad at all.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
hey guys. starting to look for my holiday for this year. as iv a nearly payed my last one off lol... looking to go to cyprus for 2 weeks. anyone been and whats your thoughts? recommend anywhere. im looking to spend no more than ?2000 for 2 people (ish)

this is what iv found so far i like the look of this place http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/cyprus/larnaca-region/nissi-beach/hotels/atlantica-aeneas-resort.html

this is ?1800 with flights/transfers/onflight meal and its half board

whats your thoughts about sunny cyprus in july? if anyone has pics of where they have been that would be great too..

cheers

gray
blimey! me and the mrs, and two kids, are doing 2 weeks in florida including a 5 bedroom villa with hot tub, and pool, car hire with the all important car insurance, and all our hopper passes to the theme parks for the duration of our stay for ?2800 in August[:|]

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
Gray, what part of July are you going? If you wander into the school holidays, it's going to be more expensive. If you can go early part of July or late June, you'll probably get much better deals. I'd also recommend Mexico or Domincan if you don't mind a quieter holiday. I've been to both, all inclusive in the school hols for less than ?3k. Thoroughly recommend either. Stayed at Riu hotels in both and they're superb.

·
Registered
191 Posts
My parents have a villa in Paphos in Cyprus. I was out there the last 2 years in July, all I would say is it is mega hot. Last year it didnt drop below 100 degrees between mid day and 16:00hrs every day,

Where in Cyprus do you want to go? both ends of the Island are very different. If you want some where lively then I would suggest going to Ayia Napa as the night life is good. If you want more of a relaxing holiday thats a little more upmarket then I would suggest Paphos.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Been to Paphos for the last 2 years, once for a wedding and once for a free villa of the wedding organiser.

Great country, hot, drive on the left and very friendly. Found a nice nineyard, get me a bottle of merlot if you go[:p]

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sheesh kebab, I did Cancun in October 05 for about ?1,800 for 2 of us. Be aware that May/June to September/October is hurricane season though. We stayed at the Riu Tequila in Playa Car. All of the Riu hotels aren't too bad at all.
so is it nice weather in july time? got any pics? what was the resort like you stopped in?

cheers mate

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gray, what part of July are you going? If you wander into the school holidays, it's going to be more expensive. If you can go early part of July or late June, you'll probably get much better deals. I'd also recommend Mexico or Domincan if you don't mind a quieter holiday. I've been to both, all inclusive in the school hols for less than ?3k. Thoroughly recommend either. Stayed at Riu hotels in both and they're superb.
any time in july really. but the later the better. ill look all that up cheers mate.and we want a quiet holiday. all i want is a nice resort nice beach/sea.....

cheers mate

·
Registered
942 Posts
I went in November 05 and the weather was good considering hurricane Wilma had just passed. I'll post a few pics in a min for you. I don't think it dropped below 75-80 and only had a little rain.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My parents have a villa in Paphos in Cyprus. I was out there the last 2 years in July, all I would say is it is mega hot. Last year it didnt drop below 100 degrees between mid day and 16:00hrs every day,

Where in Cyprus do you want to go? both ends of the Island are very different. If you want some where lively then I would suggest going to Ayia Napa as the night life is good. If you want more of a relaxing holiday thats a little more upmarket then I would suggest Paphos.
i wanted to go for the nice beaches and nice clear hot sea....[;)] what you recommend?

cheers mate

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I went in November 05 and the weather was good considering hurricane Wilma had just passed. I'll post a few pics in a min for you. I don't think it dropped below 75-80 and only had a little rain.
wicked mate...thanks. whats 80 in oC?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts