Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my better half just had a custom code done on her car because the jabba sport one didnt perform as it should.

the performance difference is emmence it has10 times more power, no idleing problems, and runs 100% smoother than it ever did

would recommend it to any one looking for more power for a reasonable price

http://www.stormdevelopments.co.uk

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
my better half just had a custom code done on her car because the jabba sport one didnt perform as it should.

the performance difference is emmence it has10 times more power, no idleing problems, and runs 100% smoother than it ever did

10 times the power, eh, So that's about 1500hp then? wow.

Those Jabba guys aint got a scooby doo what they're doing.

Emmence indeed.

Did she get a refund form Jabba or did they tell her to go whistle ??

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mayb not 10 times then but the diffrance was alot did speak to jabba bout it but cant b bothered with the hassle as it's 4 hours away and they seemed to think it was the car and not the chip and what are the chances of gettin money back(not alot)!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
If I were you I'd ring the people at Jabba, they don't lke bad publicity like this and i'm sure if you tell them that you have had another map put on the car and it's now performing as it should they will be interested and they may refund you.

·
Registered
495 Posts

Emmence indeed.

Do I detect a 'tone' there?

The guy has gone from Jabba to CC and is comparing the two.

I really don't want to start a pissing contest but if there is in fact a 'tone' to your post then why? Are you fighting for truth, justice and the Jabba way?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
tongue very firmly in cheek, Rich!!

Glad to hear they're happy, despite writing off ?500 worth of jabba map.......!?![;)]

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

Emmence indeed.

Yeah we saw that Jabba haven't got a clue when a CC car and a Jabba car went on the rollers at Awesome... only doing forced induction and more or less inventing the IHI charger kit for the 18T and tunning VW Cup Cars..... definately thick pig pooh eh.....

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I assume you're talking about RS Golf (Jabba) and my
Custom-Coded car?

If so then look closely at the plots, he may have made a couple bhp
more but look who carried power all the way compared to the one which dropped
off much faster. Look who had smooth power all the way unlike the one which had
a bit of a dip.

Jabba
may write a good map but Custom-Code will write a better one.

Which car do you think would be quicker on the road?

All this was with my previous code, my new one is much better, look in the
Performance Thread in the tuning section if you're curious.

Vagcom logs from new Custom-Code Phase 2 map

RS Golf (Jabba)

Posted Image

GaryM
(Previous Custom-Code map)

Posted Image

Kev, sorry for criticising
your map, its nothing personal as you will know [:)]

I just felt it appropriate for this thread.<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
One thing which may influence the early drop off in Kev's curve is the
fact that he is lacking a fmic compared to your's Gary, which does help
a lot in the higher rpm's.

Gary: On another note though I was quite impressed with the new map James gave you, looks very good.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Thats true though Kev does have an uprated SMIC.
Thanks for the comments on my map, it certainly feels much better.
Looking forward to getting back on the dyno at Awesome now for some figures.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yeah we saw that Jabba haven't got a clue when a CC car and a Jabba car went on the rollers at Awesome... only doing forced induction and more or less inventing the IHI charger kit for the 18T and tunning VW Cup Cars..... definately thick pig pooh eh.....
What is it with people like you?

This is like arguing over what's the best colour!

What's the point in jumping in feet first when someone else says they prefer one map over another? Especially when they can make a direct comparison between the two!!!

FFS get a life.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
What is it with people like you?

This is like arguing over what's the best colour!

What's the point in jumping in feet first when someone else says they prefer one map over another? Especially when they can make a direct comparison between the two!!!

FFS get a life.
You get a life Pal!

Theres nothing with me! Just rattles my cage when people crib on just because they've had a bad expirence!! name dropping.. this tuner this... this tuner that!, you cant keep all the people happy all the time thats the point I'm making, so dont be so rude!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Rich, calm down fella!! I think Geeba just picked up on the cynical plug in this thread, and stealthy Jabba bashing(like I did!!!)! Anyone knowing or using Jabba knows they write good code, certainly code that works and does not make cars run rubbish. Mike would not let a car out the shop that ran badly, he would have reverted it to stock if it had not been perfectly drivable and not charged either!

Of course I may be wrong, but this guy posts with the "fish and CHIPS" name!! (remaps?) about how rubbish the jabba code was and how great CC is, with a link to "Storm developments". He's currently made 7 posts, two with links to "storm developments", (at the time of his initial post in this thread, he had made only THREE posts in total with two such link!!s!!).Now call me synical, but maybe he's connected to them in some way?Iit would not be the first time on this board we had such "stealth advertising tactics", ("My Mums" car polish anyone!!)

Of course he / (she) did not ask for his the money back from Jabba, or maybe they did but I asked if they were refunded and nothing in his reply suggested they were, just that he could not be bothered to pursue it!........its only ?500 after all!!). Nor did they go back to jabba to have it fixed. Again, anyone who has been there will know that they just would not have dealt with the guy's missus like that, if the map was rubbish they would not have let it out the door in the first place. If there was subsequent problem they would have fixed it, although I am pretty certain as with all subsequent faults after remaps of any type, it would almost certainly have been an ancilliary part at fault, once code is in and works, there is very little that can go wrong with it, unloess someone messes with it.........(hmm, maybe storm had a tinker with it......?!?!?!?!)

Nothing to do with best power or not, just a satisfaction thing, they are a professional bunch who don't do cruddy mapping, period!!

I for one don't believe this story, there must be more, (or maybe less) to it!! Hence why I had my tongue in cheek!! I mean who has ?500 to spend then just throw away if they are not happy? No refund, not fixing of the problem.............., just write off ?500, then go get CC at a place that is local to where this guy lives all along.........why got to jabba in the first place if its miles away when STORM DEVELOPMENTS are on the doorstep!!!

Fishy and chips, please provide a few more details of the rogue jabba map? What car was it on, what result did it give,when did she have it done and why go all the way to jabba when you have a more local CC place such as STORM DEVELOPMENTS (know everything there is to know about everythign!!)? Maybe post the power plot they give you on here? Its just not like jabba to have let your missus down like this and if they have its totally out of order. You pay your hard earned and you expect good product and service. I think you should let us know a bit more so we can avoid these guys if there work has gone downhill like this?

PS Do you happen to work for Storm Developments, or have a mate there or something? A freind of mine from Aldermaston Wharf and I went to Storm in New Year and we noticed a modded black Astra there, that's all? Maybe you were just visiting?

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm perfectly calm. I always am.

I just think the whole argument is juvenile in the extreme. I also think some of the owners of Jabba tuned cars tend to over react a little, some to the point of paranoia. Why? I have no idea.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I'm perfectly calm. I always am.

I just think the whole argument is juvenile in the extreme. I also think some of the owners of Jabba tuned cars tend to over react a little, some to the point of paranoia. Why? I have no idea.
Nothing to do with Jabba at all as far as I can see, I doubt they ever touched his missus's car! And Fishy's gone quiet I see!! Its just the attempts to get around the advertising thing I dont like! Not fair on the other advertisers who stump up cash to come on here.

Oh and when you write "FFS" it looks like you are getting stressed!![;)]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
If he posted that before this thread then it definatly looks like a setup.
Its a shame people have to resort to 'advertising' in this manner (if thats the case) at the expense of another tuner [:(]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts