Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Xmas / Seasons Greetings everyone.

Hope Santa was good to you all lol

To my surprise my girlfriend bought me the retrofit crusie control for my golf. Baffled me on how she knew the parts, anyway, does anyone have a rough idea how much it will cost me to get it fitted. Would like a guide price so i know if someone is trying to pull a fast one.

Cheers

Noel

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Paul

I wouldn't have enough confidence trying to do this. I have looked at Foxys site regarding this, the thing that scares me the most is trying to take off the Steering wheel without the airbag going off and i have the ASR on the car, so don't wanna mess that up too.

Anyone have any rought prices in mind for fitting?

Cheers

Noel

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fair enough.

I wouldn't have thought it will cost anymore than ?75 to have it done surely??
thanks for your reply Paul.

I was budgeting around the ?100 mark, My local VW don't retrofit crusie, they bring an outside person in to do all that kind of stuff. Though the vw fella was nice enough to give me the contact details for the person they use, so might give him a bell in the next few days. Depending on price i will get it fitted.

Cheers

Noel

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Lucky you, mine would never think of buying me CC[:(]

Would be interested in hering a price fpr fitting, as I plan this myself at some stage, unless theres a local member who wants to give me a hand[;)]

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
give me a day or two to get the price for fitting.

Think it would be a bit rude phoning the fella on Boxing day, he might not be best pleased!

Cheers

Noel

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I know you can buy the kits and get them fitted for about ?150, parts are about ?60-70 iirc. So you wouldnt be looking at anything over ?100.

Ill be getting cruise soon. Its one of those items i keep meaning to buy but never

Regarding removing steering wheel, just make sure the keys out of the ignition whilst disconnecting airbag, disconnect battery if it makes you feel better, and just mark up the position of the steering wheel so it goes back as is. Its all meant to be simple stuff to fit.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Disconnect the battery negative (-) cable before removing your airbag.

Its quite simple fitting cruise to a diesel and could easily be done in less than 2 hours, don't be afraid of trying it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been looking at fitting this to my borat, been looking at the deals on fleabay there is one not too far from me offering to supply & fit for ?150, I've just priced up the parts and it was ?44.73 for the stalk and ?57.36 for the Loom, is that a mistake, ?57.36 for the loom, ouch.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UDPATE

Phoned VW in Belfast and they were very helpful, i was expecting ?250+ for fitting, but to my surprise they said ?150 all in (i already have parts)

so car booked in for next thursday. Will let you know how i get on.

Cheers

Noel

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got the cruise control fitted today, was very happy with VW in Belfast. Tried it on the Motorway on the way home, its a bit weird to get used to! but liking it already! Price was not as bad as i was expecting.

Cheers

Noel

·
Registered
301 Posts
anybody got the part no's i will need for fitting this

i am gonna fit it to a gti 1.8t and a gttdi 115 both 01

cheers in advance stuarty

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Stuarty,

I had it fitted to my 01 GT TDI 115, i went into vw to order the parts and they said that there are 5 different variations, they asked me for my chassis number and managed to get the parts for it, no more that ?65! for the stalk and loom!

Regarding the 1.8T, i have heard that you will need a third party lead as well, not sure where you can get it though. Someone with more info that me will be able to help you.

cheers

Noel

1 - 17 of 17 Posts