Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie to the Golf and pick up my MK4 TDI 150 next week, I looked for one with cruise control as standard but could not find. My question is can VW dealer fit cruise control and if so can anyone tell me how much i would expect to pay?

Cheers

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes they sure can however the will charge you a lot! you can buy the kit for about ?80. and fit it yourself then you will need to find someone with VAG COM and type in a code job done! cost to you maybe ?100. cost for dealer to do ?350.

Have fun.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Mate.

I've got my car booked in next wed at westec in Newport to have it fitted to my motor, i'm supplying the parts needed it's gonna cost ?100 +vat think it's cheaper for a diesel as you don't need the aditional loom. Course if ya nowhere near Newport this is about as much use to you as a chocolate tea pot!![:)]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers, unfortunately i live up in Halifax so it's a bit of a trek to go to Newport.

If anyone knows somewhere decent in W Yorkshire then let me know

·
Registered
308 Posts
Westtec newport south wales fitted mine.

Bob and Grant did a great Job.

It took them about 1 1/2 hour fitting time.

I think it was ?140 inc parts and labour fitted.

joolstdi

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm looking forward to getting it fitted atlast as the bits have been sitting in my wardrobe for around the last 3 and a half years. it was always on my list of things to do [:)] ps. Sorry i wasn't of much help Stoneage

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers for that, my parents live about an hour from newport so i could go there if i cant find anyone closer.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Its pretty expensive.  Think lightcliffe nr halifax wanted ?50 for the stalk and ?250 to fit the thing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got a quote from the dealers i am collecting car from, they wanted ?350 to supply and install, i said thanks but no!

Anyone know anyone else in the halifax area that they would recommend?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well it's booked in on thursday at westec, hopefully no problems.

Be good to use it next week as i am driving up to Edinburgh.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Give my regaurds to BOB and GRANT.

BOB is very very good with vw or audi cars i think he use to work for audi

before, you can't go wrong with grant with his know how and tec help.

you should have no problems, it took them 1h1/2 by the time you walk to tesco for a cuppa

they should have finished!!!

joolstdi

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got it fitted great bunch of people down there at westec. It was Jock who fitted it

Only took 1 1/2 hours, just enough time to walk on to tesco and have a nice healthy fry up!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts