Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know anything (ie price, how tidy it looks, etc) to have cruise control retro fitted to my Anni??

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Leigh

·
Registered
92 Posts
Anybody know anything (ie price, how tidy it looks, etc) to have cruise control retro fitted to my Anni??

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Leigh
Price to fit ? - No, but I bought mine new on ebay (bargain) & fitted it myself for under ?50 using Foxy's guide on his site.

How tidy it looks ? - Exactly as if it was fitted at the factory, the retrofit kit is after all an original V.A.G. supplied item & contains the same cruise stock & loom as the factory fits.

Worth doing in my opinion & I'd guess to get someone to supply fit it for you probably looking at about ?150 ?

·
Registered
347 Posts
ive just bought the kit myself, did you get a dealer to turn it on? if so how much did you pay for them to do it?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
ive just bought the kit myself, did you get a dealer to turn it on? if so how much did you pay for them to do it?
Have a look at the 'VAG-COM User Locations' thread and ask someone nicely who lives near you. It's a 5min job max. You'll probably have to pay at the dealers as you're not just getting 5min labour, it's the 'expertise' too.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Not sure how much they cost as it came with the car, but for how tidy it is, its all on your indicator stalk, and isn't much difference to the ones without, just a few extra buttons and an off/on switch. Great fun, on those boring trips homw from work, making the car go faster with the touch of a button lol!!!![:cool:]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Awesome-GTI advertise cruise control from ?149, ive got my car booked in for a inspection on friday so i will enquire about the costs of cruise control for a mk4 +fitting... Because everytime i take something apart and put it back together i find screws left over, not something i want with my car! lol

Not even sure if it can be done with a 1.4e model? but it would be nice since i do a fair amount of motormay miles communiting to work and back.

http://awesome-gti.co.uk/index.html

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hi Guys,

Got mine done at Awesome and it was ?175 supplied and fitted, they did it whilst it was being re-mapped. Couldn't risk doing it myself, even though as someone has said foxy's guide is very good.

Carl

·
Registered
347 Posts
got my parts through today. bought them off ebay for ?60. turns out they have come direct from a dealer with original dealer booklet on how to retrofit and everything! impressed. not allowed it til next monday though (my b-day) damnit.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi

Yes it is ?175.00 + VAT now

We had it on offer for a while.

But that is over now.

So it is still cheap.

I do not think that it is available for the 1.4`s though

Sorry

Sarah

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Does anyone know if it can be fitted to a basic 1.4 model?
I know it's only suitable for cars with drive-by-wire, but I don't know if that includes the 1.4 or not - sorry!
You can check if your car's drive-by-wire by:
Put your foot on the accellerator and rev to about 2000-2500.
Keep your right foot still and use your left foot to press the brake.
Engine revs should drop to idle.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts