Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any chance of a UKMKIV's discount on the retro fitting of cruise control to my MKIV PD150. I believe this doesn't require any jiggery pokery with wiring looms etc.

If you can get it lower than your quoted price of ?195+vat I'd be very interested.

Cheers

Sam

·
Banned
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like a bitch of a job to me, don't fancy either a) deploying the air bag by mistake or b)mis-aligning the wheel on refitting. I do have VAG COM and am comfortable using it but think on balance I'd rather let someone with a decent amount of experience do the job and pay for their time.

If I can get a discount off awesome that would be ideal as I'm sure Foxy's time is limited (if he was serious that is!)

·
Registered
324 Posts
I got the parts from Foxy's group buy for about ?55, then Grant at Westec fitted them for me for ?75+vat. Cracking job, took just 45 minutes and the Cruise control is excellent. I can't tell how much more relaxing it is to use on longer journeys - you'll be surprised at how much concentration just holding the throttle down must take. I haven't failed to arrive at jorney's end more refreshed since it was fitted.

If you are within 200 miles of Westec in Newport, I can't recommend them enough.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Hi Sam

Best i could do for you would be ?150+vat and we could fit you in pretty much anytime at the moment...
Ade,

Does this include the parts or is it fitting only? I think there are a few guys on the TT forum trying to get a group buy started.

Also I could do with a few prices for bits a neuspeed short shift for my 2001 225bhp TT & maybe the haldex controller!

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Do you need any minimum number for the cruise? I will post it up on here and tt forum if thats ok?

What are the contact details for people to set this up, Best for them to contact yourself? Also I want to order the short shift whats your number mate!

Paul

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
We would need a minium of 10 to do a group buy...

Best way is to email me us ade @ awesome-gti.co.uk

To order qucikshift, either do it online and in order notes mention my name and i will pick it up and sort the price out, or call the sales line on 0161 776 0777 and mention my name but place the order with them as i dont have a phone!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts