Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a link to my on-line installation guide for anyone out there that wants to fit cruise to their petrol engined mk4 Golf/Bora or other VAG model.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/golfstuff/

[^]Thanks as always to Foxy for getting me started on this and my site contains a link to Foxy's guide for all of the work that is common to both petrol and diesel models.

[!]If anyone is thinking of doing this mod to your car then remember that the engine must have drive by wire throttle for it to work!

I have manufactured a number of ready made looms for the additional wiring that must be added in the engine bay and these can now be ordered from me by email for £20 inc UK P&P.

I would be interested to know if anyone is willing to give this install a try on a V5/V6 model....[?]

Happy Modding!

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Craig,

I can certainly tell you which pins they go to on a 130 PD TDi, as I sacrificed a TDI loom to do my install. I'll have a look when I am home this evening and drop you a line, I'll also cross reference the connection numbers against the haynes manual - what model are you interested in?

Chris

·
Registered
392 Posts
This is if you use a Golf Bora wiring harness for a Passat TDI.

Red/yellow goes to conector T15e point number 9

Black/blue goes to conector 15 (ignition) or 75x (at diesel)

Blue goes to conector T15e point number 8

White goes to conector T15e point number 7

Black/yellow goes to conector T15e point number 10

The conector T15e is the big white (sometimes black) conector witch goes outside the car to the engine/steering wheel.

Foxy is da man for this mod though

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that additional information Vwwwwwing!

For Craigv and anyone else that is interested, here is the connection list of the original cruise control wires into the 130TDI ecu (large plug, ref T121) :

Black/White - Pin 14

Red - Pin 44

Blue/Grey - Pin 45

White - Pin 46

According to the Haynes manual this is correct for AGR/ALH/AHF engine codes.

Hope this helps - I presume that these aren't already prewired on the 115 models then?

Chris

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've got a V5 and recently bought the CC Stalk and loom of Aaron (thanks Aaron). I have read Foxy's excellent " How to " on CC but of course he doesn't have a V5. It would seem I will need the supplementary loom that Rally Chris is selling (can anyone confirm/deny).

After reading Rally Chris's post and Vwwwwwing's ( and associated links ) I need to know what pins the bare wires of the supplementary loom go to on the ECU. That's if I need the new bit of wire. Have tried to get a Haynes Manual for the V5 but Haynes tell me they don't do one! Years ago I had a "Driver" and got the complete wiring diagram from the local Library. Can't seem to get a wiring diagram for my car anywhere- any ideas anyone?

Why is life so complicated. All this and I still don't know if the old lady will let me have the car for a few hours to do the mod.

Would be grateful for anyones help.

Thanks Pat

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Pat,

I got your email - I would like to work out the answer to your question so let me do some digging when I get back to the UK later this week (currently in Czech - help!). I believe that at least one other forum member is also investigating this mod on a V5 (Ade), so hopefully between us we can put together a definitive guide.

Regards

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Chris

I still haven't had a chance to get under the bonnet of the V5, and my wife tells me that we have a full schedule this weekend....

I promise I will get it done.

Ade

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Chris,

thanks for your offer of help it is much appreciated. I will keep searching for info. on this mod for the V5 and if I find anything I'll let you know. I hope Ade will do same.

Talk later........Pat.

[:(]

·
Registered
493 Posts
Chris,

I'm after some help. Mine's a 2001 150ps 1.8t. You say I'd need to use an aditional wiring loom to fit the cc. I've got the stalk and the VW loom but have looked at Foxys guide and can't figure out where the extra loom comes in to it. I know you've been looking in to this subject for a while now, any chance you could send me the info needed?

Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jim,

All the info you need can be found on my website :

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/golfstuff

If you go to the cruise control link on there I impart all of my current knowledge on the subject! Basically the additional loom is required to go between the connection box on the bulkhead (behind the wiper motor) and ECU plug. I'm now offering some of the looms ready made up for this purpose and these can be found in the 'for sale' section of my website.

If you still require some further information then please drop me a line via the 'contact' links of the website.

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bump!

Chris or Ade have you got any ideas yet on this CC problem?

I've been searching for an answer but so far no good.

Maybe just have to swallow my pride and get it done by a VW techy? Oh, don't we have any VW guys (the ones who actually work for VW) on our forum?[;)]

If anyone can help please post on here- Getting DESPERATE

·
Registered
83 Posts
Originally posted by SoftailPat

Bump!

Chris or Ade have you got any ideas yet on this CC problem?

I've been searching for an answer but so far no good.

Maybe just have to swallow my pride and get it done by a VW techy? Oh, don't we have any VW guys (the ones who actually work for VW) on our forum?[;)]

If anyone can help please post on here- Getting DESPERATE

Sorry Pat/Chris

I still have not got round to doing this. My excuses are just not having any spare time at the moment, as I leave for work when it is dark, and when I get back home it is dark. The weekend is the only time I get to see my boy, so I haven't been able to spend any time on the car. I was hoping to get some time off at Christmas, but I have been told that I will be working all the time except the statutory holidays!

The contract I am on finishes in Feb, so I guess I will have some free time then.... Sorry

Ade

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ade, never mind mate - there are some things more important than Mods. on cars. If I find out anything I'll post soonest.

Still can't believe there are no V.W. Techs. out there. Maybe they are sworn to secrecy under pain of having their clutches removed. Thats CLUTCHES fellas. [}:)]

Happy Cristmas to all MKIV'ers wherever you are.

Pat

1 - 20 of 21 Posts