Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Use the one I fitted most days, but you're right it's very rare that I can leave it on for the whole 60 miles I drive on the motorway.

Adaptive cruise control will be high on my wish list for the next car.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Where / what / when / how have you been...

Last I remember was you were having issues with your MK5 and then suddenly flogged it....?
I'm good thanks......still alive, at least :)

Mk5 was fine tbh - did as much as I wanted to with it (and more) - and needed to liquidate the cash for a private investment that never came off.....which sucked.

Anyways - went through skodas and back into VWS as a daily - just passats and caddys.

Reflex is to blame for getting me into Porsches and now on second one. Have an Audi coupe for further nostalgic pleasure.

Hope all the old crowd (anyone still here) are all good?

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I'm good thanks......still alive, at least :)

Mk5 was fine tbh - did as much as I wanted to with it (and more) - and needed to liquidate the cash for a private investment that never came off.....which sucked.

Anyways - went through skodas and back into VWS as a daily - just passats and caddys.

Reflex is to blame for getting me into Porsches and now on second one. Have an Audi coupe for further nostalgic pleasure.

Hope all the old crowd (anyone still here) are all good?
There are a few of us old guard still about on here (and still have MK4's) but alas, as with almost every forum, traffic and posting is way down from the glory days. There is a lot of new blood and some of the things they do to the MK4 is really quite amazing. There is a chap called @monkey-e (I think that is his name) who is doing a twin charger project at the moment, supercharger and a turbo!

Good to hear from you, remember to check back in, let's say August 2021 'ish ? ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone,
New member here. Just purchased a MK4 R32 and wanted to fit cruise control.
Can I ask - is the kit VW supply (1J0998527A) all that I need?
Or do I need some extra loom? If so, anybody have the part number for this?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey! Today when i was trying to install cruise control for my golf 4 1.9tdi ATD. The socket i had to put my new wires in, the one that comes from the interior, had already like 5 wires in there and i couldn't fit the new ones for cruise control. I've read so many topics and watched so many videos but no one has had that problem. BTW my car is automatic. I was thinking maybe the wiring is different for automatic car or something?

101 - 106 of 106 Posts