Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I bought a Used Cruise Control Stalks part number 1J0 953 513 removed from VW Golf mk4 R32 and New Wiring harness From Kufatec part number 1J0 971 425 A,retrofitted following Foxy's Guide on to 2003 VW mk4 Golf 1.9 TDI (130 BHP) ASZ Engine Code,Activated the ECU with 11463 But the light on the dash doen't illuminate when Switch is set to "ON" position so i thought it must be a faulty CC Stalk so i Bought a new Stalk from VW with the same part number but Still does't work so i dont think both CC Stalks are faulty! Why the light wont come on at all? Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the Cruise Control?

·
Boost Junkie
1,534 Posts
Sounds like a dodgy clutch switch to me, but please test / check it before throwing money at it. (vcds?)

When I retrofitted mine I put one of the wires in the wrong slot which also gave the symptoms you are having

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the fast reply,I already checked Block 22 with VCDS and both switches (Brake+Clutch) Work fine so it must be the wiring,How hard is to get the wires back from the Slots?Do i need to buy a Special tool to remove the pins from the slots?

·
Boost Junkie
1,534 Posts
I used a large untwisted paper clip, was quite Fiddly to do. Did the ECU value change in vcds to show cruise is enabled?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.