Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to fit these if you aint got them - which my golf dont!

how much will it cost roughly and is it a job for the boyos?

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Cruise = do'able depending on engine.

Climatronic = Buy a car already with it.

How's that for a short and concise answer ?

Seriously, climatronic almost means a complete interior strip out plus parts including wiring loom, sensors, heater / cooler matrix etc etc etc, looking at 2k for the parts then weeks to fit it.

Cruise is almost plug and play on certain engines, mainly TDI's and drive by wire petrols.

Perhaps you could state what car you have?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry to jump in but is it possible to do with a 2.0 Automatic Golf (yes Automatic, was an German import so non gti "badged")

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Cruise is quite easily fitted on your car, have a look in the links section for Foxy's how to.

Climatronic, forget it.

Sorry, don't know about the 2.0

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
We are doing Cruise Control at the moment for ?200.00 all in.

Give us a call if you want more information on 01246 455005.

We use OEM parts too.

Sarah

·
Registered
824 Posts
Sorry to jump in but is it possible to do with a 2.0 Automatic Golf (yes Automatic, was an German import so non gti "badged")
If you rev the car to 2k revs,then left foot brake,do the revs drop back to idle? If so then cruise is easily fitted,if they don't then an extra wiring loom is needed but should still be able to be done,not certain though!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Probably safer whilst not moving,but as long as you rev it up a bit and left foot brake the revs shoudl drop to idle speed,good luck!

·
Registered
74 Posts
i think vaud is trying to help u find out if your car is drive by wire if the revs drop back down to 0 then it is and cruise is easy to fit i did same thing on my a4

·
Registered
824 Posts
i think vaud is trying to help u find out if your car is drive by wire if the revs drop back down to 0 then it is and cruise is easy to fit i did same thing on my a4
Correct [:)] If this happens then an extra wiring loom is not needed to wire it all up, pretty much just plug and vagcom and play! I haven't done this yet,looking at doing it soon though!

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I'm 95% certain that 2 litres have a standard throttle cable and therefore like the early 1.8t's to retrofit cruise requires a new ecu and stuff which means big ??

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm 95% certain that 2 litres have a standard
throttle cable and therefore like the early 1.8t's to retrofit cruise
requires a new ecu and stuff which means big ??
Hi There,

Just done the drive by wire test and it failed miserably :)

This is the Engine code :

Controller: 06A 906 032 GG

Component: 2.0l 2V AGW

Can anyone confirm this can/can't be done without a major expense? Foxy? :) anyone!

·
Registered
824 Posts
I'm 95% certain that 2 litres have a standard throttle cable and therefore like the early 1.8t's to retrofit cruise requires a new ecu and stuff which means big ??
Didn't think the ECU needed replacing,just thought an extra wiring loom needed adding making it slightly harder to do,but not too bad. Could be proven wrong though [:$].

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Hang on chaps....

I have a non drive by wire kit that I had on my old car for sale if anyone is interested ?

It basically uses a tandem throttle cable and vacuum actuator.

You should be able to use an OEM stalk for it or the stalk that came with it.

It's the CM19 stalk as http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/cruisecontrols/cruisecontrols-models.htm or you could get a vag stalk.

The actuator is the AP300 as http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/cruisecontrols/AP300-vacuumactuator.htm

Quite an easy fit. Cost me over ? 350 new, was on the car for about 3 months and has been sat in a box since I've had the Golf.

PM me if your interested ? Looking for ? 100 to ? 150 .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts