Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have got a 03 GTI on 17 wheels with eibac springs and it has developed a creaking noise from both rear quarter trim (I think?) it is much more noticable in the warm weather. The car was quite from new but it is now 14 months old with 11,000 miles,

Has anyone else got or had the same problems?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
i have this too! One thing is that it could be the rubber stops behind the read seats when they fold down! Dont unscrew them too much as once you've put the seat back you wont be able to release the catch.

Mine is the parcel shelf! Cant seem to stop the bugger

·
Registered
911 Posts
Told ya !

I nearly fixed the noise today. Thought it was the cover to the inside of the boot, went away for a bit, drove it round, it was amazing......then it came back ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

What can it be ? surely others have it and have fixed it ?

Matty

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
yeah, I've been doing the same. I think it's the rear seat clipping or the parcel shelf on mine. either way, it sounds like the parcel shelf holding trim is vibrating on my car, will have to investigate as opening the rubber stop didn't help on my car :/

·
Registered
487 Posts
yea my car does this and it is realllllyyy annoying!!! [:(]

im thinking of putting a screw through every panel to make sure its secure[:D] anybody else tried this??does it work?? lol!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've got a creaking too. Mine sounds like it's coming from the trim on the B pillars, but then I've never sat in the back whilst someone else drives.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sounds like the same problem i have. It is driving me nuts too, strange that it only appears in the warm weather.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If your car is under warranty take it back - if it is ask them to check the spot welds on the rear that hold the body work to the chassis - apparently this is a know fault of them coming apart.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I had this on mine too [:(!]

So i did the rear seat idea and then i took off the rear parcel shelf ties (the parts that raise the parcel shelf when you open the hatch) extended them a little bit, and put them under the shelf itself and placed the shelf back down and so far no rattles [^]

I'll try and get a photo over hte weekend to show you all what i mean...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Ive got creaking comin out of nearly every panel it sounds like an ol transit van well i thought id try and investigate where its comin from i cudnt be arsed so every time im in the car i turn up the music lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts