Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the annoying problem of the front seats clunking/creaking when leaning back in the seat? The drivers seat is really getting on my wick now i need to sort it, i have read on here somewhere about people replacing bushes under the seat. If anbody has done this, was it easy to fix? And how much did it cost?

Thanks Richie.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Mine has a b457ard squeek from the passenger seat when empty

I will keep an eye on this .so any more info on this would be great.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
My front passenger seat started to squeak after I gave daily lifts to work to my 6ft rugby player work colleague for half a year. [8o|] Then the driver side started. I found the solution to be to lower the seat all the way, then crank it up just a few mm. I like my seat low, y'see.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've got exactly the same problem with my drivers seat if there is anyone that knows how to fix it that would most appreciated

Cheers

·
Registered
85 Posts
Same here, my drivers seat squeaks like mad too[:mad:], I'm swopping my interior soon for a set of Recaros - hope that solves the problem.

·
Registered
106 Posts
this doesnt help but ive just got an 02 golf and my misses keeps saying theres a mouse in the passenger seat so id like to no how to kill the ba..ard thing to !

·
Registered
402 Posts
Try puting the back of both seats all the way back so they are flat down against the back seats,leave them like that all night then wind them back up the next day and see if that helps[;)]worked for me

·
Registered
11 Posts
Richie, my passenger seat does the same think with the clunking noise when you lean back!! Annoys hell outta me when some one sat in it, my mk2 golf never made half as many noises as my mk4 (however wins points back for having a turbo bolted on!!) Ive had a look and i reckoned it were the floor that is actually moving Need have proper look as started to rain!! Will keep eye on this post and see if you find anything!!!

cheers

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have the same problem with my drivers seat keeps clicking and its getting worse, Does my head in[:mad:]

Got a feeling the only way to cure it is to replace the Base/runners.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I too have this problem! When I lean back my drivers seats creaks or when I go over bumps [;)]!

I have a 52 plate golf!

·
Registered
61 Posts
My seat creaks when I go around bends.....sounds like its coming from where the seat belt thingy is........really annoying!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I started recently to experience exactly the same thing from my passenger seat...an irritating creaking noise whenever you run over bumps on the road or so... [:mad:]

Any new thoughts on possible solutions..?

Happy new year!! [<:eek:)]

·
Registered
200 Posts
No new ideas on this..? I'm starting to think about desperate solutions, like riping off the seat from the car.. [:p]

·
Registered
440 Posts
No new ideas on this..? I'm starting to think about desperate solutions, like riping off the seat from the car.. [:p]
Have you tried putting some grease on the rollers that sit in the seat runners, thats what fixed it for me [:)]

·
Registered
200 Posts
Have you tried putting some grease on the rollers that sit in the seat runners, thats what fixed it for me [:)]
No I haven't. I'll give it a try!

Thank you. [:)]

·
Registered
808 Posts
Apologies for digging up this ancient thread [|-)]

My drivers seat creaks when I go over speed bumps, or go round left hand bends. I think it's the springs in the seat base (as the last few times i've hoovered it, there's loads of little flaky bits of sponge under the drivers seat) Seems to be near the front right hand corner of the seat.

Is there any known fix for this? new springs? New seat base? new seat? It's driving me mental (turning the cd player up works [:S] but only when the missus isn't in the car)

HELP !!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts