Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found these while browsing another forum (wasn't away for long [:D]), post your crashed golf pics here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

T-Cut jokes to follow.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Sorry to say, I really dont find this very funny at all!

No-one could have survived that crash (if it were), so I don't find it amusing...

- if it does show one thing, its how easy ANY car is destroyed in a crash.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote: posted by oxford on 28/01/2005 09:47:56

Sorry to say, I really dont find this very funny at all!

No-one could have survived that crash (if it were), so I don't find it amusing...

If there was someone in it then I agree. However I don't think there was, there's no visible evidence that I can see of anyone been cut out. Also the only impact seems to have been on the roof. If it was been driven I would have expected an impact somewhere else first.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote: posted by oxford on 28/01/2005 09:47:56

Sorry to say, I really don't find this very funny at all!

Oxford, it wasn't aimed at being an amusing topic. I thought people might find the way it has crumpled interesting. The way the read has folded over is very odd IMO. Suppose it depends on the impact(s) have come from.

Sorry if you were offended.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Actually looking at the pics again it's LHD and the door is missing and the airbag has gone off. I'd be interested to know the details of how it happened. Is there any info where you found the pics Carlos?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I just find it always sad to see a crashed car because you never know what happened to the people inside them, like when going to the breakers; can be a bit disturbing.

I am not so offended at all, I just hope no one was hurt thats all.

But yeah, the impact does look strange. Lets hope it was crushed on a delivery lorroy or something!

Looks like it has almost be burned some of it and put in a river or sea? weird!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I'm also shocked by the pictures........and certainly don't look on these as entertainment.

Not being prudish or limp wristed at all - i also hope there were no serious injuries.

Looks to me more like it fell off a bridge or a cliff.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Well its obvious what has happened here. Clearly the owner realised at just how ugly (no offence) the colour was and decided that enough was enough just before pushing it off a cliff.

YOGi [:p]

P.S Im only joking about the colour...... no REALLY!!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
It looks like a Californian number plate and the other cars in the pics all have that american look...Ford F250 pickup and what looks like a Dodge Ram pickup. I've seen something similar that had been 'under' one of their big trucks and nobody got out.

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
I dont think its the result of a horiffic crash where folk have died. If you look the engine bay has fire damage. I would reckon its been probably written off due to the engine fire, and subsequently crushed as scrap.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
There's nothing to indicate extraction damage so it's questionable whether anyone was in the car when this happened, hopefully not. Looks to me like its been pushed over a cliff, rolled and landed on its roof.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Holy moly batman!! I will have the rear lights and tailgate if they are going spare [^]

Oh - and the wheels too!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Quote: posted by Foxy on 28/01/2005 10:15:42

I'm also shocked by the pictures........and certainly don't look on these as entertainment.

Not being prudish or limp wristed at all - i also hope there were no serious injuries.

Looks to me more like it fell off a bridge or a cliff.

I agree Foxy. Can't help feeling disturbed by these pics. Would be interesting to know more about what happened...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts