Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

dont like the fact that when im driving the handling and feedback is really light, so can be quite scary going round bends not sure wether the car can cope?

Any mods that can be done to improve it?

Going to R-Tech tomorrow anything they can do to help, just bought the maf for car just in case lol, wanted 133 quid, bleedin heck lol...

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
my boras like a go cart. lowered on coils, Front strut brace, new lower arms drop links etc. now wrong with the bora handling mate, must be your driving! lol

·
Registered
263 Posts
Mines is crap now too, looks like springs and bushes are away on the front (only 4 months after putting new bushes, wishbones and shocks on!) but when everything was new and in working order it handled brilliant. Lowered 35mm on Koni STR-T springs (used to have the shocks but swapped them out) with powerflex rear beam bushes, new topmounts, new wishbones with bushes and it handled amazing in the twisties! Gonna go to coilovers next month most likely so I can only assume it will handle even better then.

Sorry to hijack but anyone know if there is a major difference if you remove the ARB as I can't afford to get coilies and a new ARB too this month, have heard people say it is fine for normal driving?

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
I've fitted, Koni STR-T shocks and springs, Powerflex rear ARB bushes, Powerflex front ARB bushes, Whiteline rear ARB, top mounts, bump stops and an Audi S3 front lower strut brace. My car handles much better now!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its been remapped, much faster but juddering a lot, been told to get the egr valve cleaned or just grab the delete kit, bought off ebay so will wait to arrive, really bad judder, enginer also misfiing, but told that may be due to clutch egr and chocholate cams...also they didnt have the reseal for turbo's even though i had asked before for it to be done, so now need to find somewhere else for it to be done, fun...also still scary round corners whats the best bang for buck upgrade?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its been remapped, much faster but juddering a lot, been told to get the egr valve cleaned or just grab the delete kit, bought off ebay so will wait to arrive, really bad judder, enginer also misfiing, but told that may be due to clutch egr and chocholate cams...also they didnt have the reseal for turbo's even though i had asked before for it to be done, so now need to find somewhere else for it to be done, fun...also still scary round corners whats the best bang for buck upgrade?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts