Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right lads and lasses. Might as well plan now and see if anyone fancies a day at Crail, just as we did last year. I know some of the lads have sold up and moved on, but hopefully some of us can muster together and have a day at the races!

No dates at all for now, but who would be interested?

Keith - You have no option mate. I want to see that 170TDi against the 20VT, preferably after Jim has had his mitts on it!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Spooky, I was just looking at the Crail website before coming here.I will be up for this, the car has not had much done to it apart from new K&N panel filter and trying out some of millers oil deisel power sport4 that the seatcupra guys have been raving about.on the horizon though Milltek have got in touch and they want to use the car for a new Leon Tdi exhaust that they want to bring to market.so any remap is on hold for the moment. 

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yeah count me in.

I'd be up for it.

Shocking to say i've never been to Crail. [:O]

P.s Ger thought you were gonna be posting about another ukmkiv's meet? [:p]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
has GaryM made any changes to his golf since the last time we saw it @ Crail ?
Not that I am aware of. I was thinking about an ATP manifold, FMIC and intake manifold heatshield gasket although I doubt these things together would make that much of a difference. If Jim has a March Sale, I may well be persuaded to go a little further [:p]

·
Registered
22 Posts
once you guys have a date set ill try make sure i get down with the 1/4 mile beast

have soe fun and meet some of you guys :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
March / April is good for me, quit my job on the 28th Feb, so dont invisage me working weekends in that time frame.[:D]

·
Registered
548 Posts
at the moment nothing.[:S] might be going self employed back to the tools oddly enough contracted back to BT, or same as what i do with another company but there's not much doing there at the moment, do unemployed folks get discount @ Crail LOL![:$]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You will be doing the 1/4 mile @ 50mpg though so that is discount enough! Were you a BT engineer prior to being a desk jockey like?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts