1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Quote: posted by sutherlandm on 28/10/2004 12:06:12

Best in it's class?!

What class is that?

Elderly lady class!

Picking it up shortly - If it's pink, I'm walking.

If you were running a business what would you provide as a temporary car?

·
Registered
586 Posts
sutherlandm, u got that beautiful interior to look forward to, creak creak. [:p] But I've driven one and they are not bad you know considering its a 1.2 (if thats the one you're getting). Pretty nifty for a small size engine, but I cant seen you agreeing coming from a R32.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
How can one even think of comparing a Micra to a R32? Surely the idea is just to have something to get around in until your car is fixed, not to provide an alternative, or am I missing something? What are you going to get that's comparable to an R32 unless it's another R32?

·
Registered
385 Posts
D?j? vecu! I had the same monstrosity when my car went in for repair - Ugh, does not even come close to describing the feeling! I treated it like dirt; revving that tiny engine to death. I didn?t have Salmon Pink [my sincere sympathises btw]; I had a vile purple coloured one. I'll tell you what though; I've never been treated so nicely on the road though - people giving me way, letting me out.... So there are a few commiserations... I?ll tell you what; you are going to appreciate your R in a whole different way once you get it back. Best of luck!

Edit: What bodyshop are repairing your car btw?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Quote: posted by RS2002 on 28/10/2004 13:49:16

I treated it like dirt; revving that tiny engine to death.

Maybe that's why they provide cars like Micras [:D]. Something that will stand some abuse and is relatively inexpensive? Hey, it's just a thought.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's no JUST a Micra.

It's an OLD shape 52 reg thing with a paint strippered bonnet.

At least it's silver.

I'm not touching it until I return is as it may kill me.

Nissan forgot to fit brakes.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Well I think the dealer should at least provide you with a roadworthy car. Sorry, I thought you meant it was the new one which has had some reasonable reviews. Mind you, the old one got some good reviews too - when it was new. [^]

You're going to be without your R32 for more than 2 weeks? Ouch!

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm driving a great Nissan Almeira 1.5S until the Golf MK V arrives. I've put up with it for 5 weeks and another 4 weeks to go. I HATE it - The interior is horrible and majorily basic and I miss the blue lights [^]. Also getting used to driving a petrol again after the TDI. Having to scream the hell out of it to get anywhere when attempting to overtake on the motorway or go up a hill.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
If you are claiming on somebody elses insurance, you should have a car that is equal to the one you have. The whole point of insurance is that you do not lose out in any way, it should return your status as to what it was before.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm claiming off my insurance who will then recover it (I hope!) from the other blokes.

I tried direct off his insurance and was left on hold for 20+ minutes each time. Don't have time for that much mucking about!

I'll just live with it (although a letter has gone to my insurers moaning about it!) and hide the damn thing in my underground car park!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts