My brother stransported some speaker cabinets (They wer ver very big
and heavy) to london for ?28 quid, basically he asked if they could put
them on a pallet, and transport them from the depot, it wasnt door to
door, but depot to depot, I think it was AMtrak

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Andy. I think these are going to be collected from a private address, and I really don't want to be hassling the seller too much.

Just need to determine the weight of the wheels (16" steelies with tyres) and then I can get a proper quote from Parcel force.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Try the company i use.

They are called A P C,and the number is 01761 410033.

They will pick up and drop off anywhere in the UK,and the last time i couriered a set of 16" Audi wheels and tyres from my home in Somerset to Essex,they charged ?26 inc vat.Picked up one day,delivered the next.

·
Registered
432 Posts
tell the guy to tape them up in either 2x wheel or 1x wheel parcels with binbags and stick your address on each of them then get www.parcel2go.com (dhl) to pick them up use them all the time and never had a problem.

8.99 per wheel (25kg max per parcel) or if he can weigh them you may get them in 2 parcels (2 wheels per parcel)so would cost you 2 x 8.99

can book online and pay via paypal

craigv

·
Registered
77 Posts
www.senditquick.com

used these to send wheels a few times. As long as they are under 30kgs
(most wheels without tyres are) then its a tenner for next day. If they
are over 30kgs then use 2 parcels!

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've confirmed each wheel weighs 17kg's each. So that makes total weight of two wheels 34kg.

Hopefully should be able to get a good deal them!

I've won the auction on ebay anyway - ?51 for four nearly new Beetle 16" steelies. Quite chuffed with that!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
For what it's worth don't go anywhere *NEAR* Parcel Force, not used them for wheels but for other stuff twice now, and in both cases the goods have arrived and been written off.

They'll throw and boot them around the warehouses and god knows what else, and you'll get them in with dents and what not all over them no doubt.

I won't go near them with a 20 foot bargepole now!

C

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just an update- the seller is only available to have the wheels picked up on Saturday. I'm going to have trouble finding a courier who can pick up on Saturday for a decent price....

Just ringing APC now to see what they say.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts