Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is, sorry about the pics are in the dark but it was in a hurry. Oh and i too noticed the patch on the rear bumper i missed when washing it [:D]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Looks very nice mate, but the only thing i can say negative about the
car is the spoiler it looks way too big for it and i don't think it
goes with the smooth look that your aiming for.

Sat

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The front grill is an FK one and i used fibre glass to fill in the bumper and bonnet recess for the badge

Yes i also know the spoiler looks a tad big but i am in the process of trying to get an anni/R32 style spoiler to replace it

not to sure about the black grill look though Gary

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
The front grill is an FK one and i used fibre glass to fill in the bumper and bonnet recess for the badge

Yes i also know the spoiler looks a tad big but i am in the process of trying to get an anni/R32 style spoiler to replace it

not to sure about the black grill look though Gary
Ye the r32/anni one would look a lot more better.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks very nice mate, but the only thing i can say negative about the car is the spoiler it looks way too big for it and i don't think it goes with the smooth look that your aiming for.

Sat
i think the spoiler looks fine on it mate

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well thanx for the comments peolple

5 mins after the pics were taken the wire to my starter motor snapped and i noticed while fixing it that my under try is off again [:D]

its all good eh

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why not leave the spoiler off, IMO it would enhance the clean lines.
i was gona but seen as halfords are still to re-spray they whole car i might still do that as i can fill the bolt holes in before it gets done

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Looking good mate, on another note I didn't think there were any bolt holes, I thought all the golf spoilers were bonded on

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looking good mate, on another note I didn't think there were any bolt holes, I thought all the golf spoilers were bonded on
not an original buddy

thats why i have bolt holes

·
Registered
404 Posts
looking good mate lovin the smooth boot, how do you open it?

this a mod thats been on my mind to do for ages but, its always puzzeled me how to get the boot to open properly.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the only cost was the painting as me and a mate did all the filling work. I rought filled it with fibreglass compound and then my mate who is a panelbeater finished it with smoother filler

the front was the same effort

then all i had to do was pay another mate to paint it which didnt cost that much

i fitted a solinoid in the boot and a push button in the front to pop it open when needed althoug sometimes it dont fully pop open first time so i think i need to adjust it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts