Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im Anthony and im new here and am just trying to get a few things sorted on my car before i unleash any pics so i was wondering if someone could kindly help me out with the following

I am going to be running 18x8.5 alloys (ET35) with 215/35/18s and coilovers.

Firstly what size spacers will i need to bring the wheel flush or just past the arch with a small stretch?

And if i wanna take the coilovers really low do i need to run a arb on the rear as well as the front or is the rear just to improve the handling?

thanks in advance

Ant

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site!

Unsure on the spacers you want, possibly 10mm at the front and 20mm at the rear[*-)]. Just remember if you are going for the larger spacers, you will need longer wheel bolts to make up the difference of the spacer size!

If you want to drop it really low on the coilovers you will need a front arb with a bigger hoop and possibly a chassis notch. The rear arb is better for handling purposes and stiffens up the back end, but won't get in the way if you drop the car really low. Just make sure you don't get reverse rake!!

The thing you need to watch out for is if you go really really low, you run the risk of catching the sump over bad bits of road or speed bumps[:mad:]

·
Diesel & RX8 Fanboy
9,407 Posts
Hi dude, I'm going to be running the exact same set up with my LM reps 8.5j with 215 looked into it and I'll be running 10 front and 20 back..... Going to try 12 front as that's what I have at the moment lol. If your going really low an ARB that goes under the drive shaft like a whiteline might be your best bet.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
What these lads have said, but I'd personally get 215/40 tyres, they'll fill the arch a little better than 35's, and will ride a lot better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts