Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cars in for some pretty major work at the mo, i get it back on wed and im so excited!

Posted Image

And after the work....but before a leather[:$]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My cork floor....

Posted Image

And what makes it go....

Posted Image

UPDATE 18/07

Me and a friend have been playing with this for a few days now. Its been tricky but it will be done tomorrow! Cant wait.

Posted Image

Thanks for looking[Y]

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rolled and pulled arches with a slight flare so no more scraping, and yes ive been sucked into the smoothed croud[:$]!

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Excuse my lack of knowledge but I've heard "rolled and pulled arches" mentioned a few times before - what's it mean, I can't see anything obvious from the pics [:$]

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excuse my lack of knowledge but I've heard "rolled and pulled arches" mentioned a few times before - what's it mean, I can't see anything obvious from the pics [:$]
Well rolling the arches is simple, They clamp the machine onto your hub and roll it back and forward on the inside of the arch, exstending the arm as they go so it gradually pushes the arch out.

Pulling the arches is more like hitting them out with a big hammer just to get a bit more clearance. Like mine will be, slightly flared.

Hope that helps.

Ill have more pics tomorrow....

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those are VW OEM Xenon headlights...they'll cost ya a bomb!
Too right!!! But they are very nice.

Thanks for the comments. Car goes back into the body shop on wed for a weeks work on the bonnet.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Your Golf looks wicked! must have cost you a bit at the bodyshop?!

I've just got myself a Gti turbo and I want to put 18s on it and drop it on coilovers, is this the kind of work I will have to get done to avoid scuffing?

Any advise would be great...

·
Registered
28 Posts
That looks awesome!!

Would also be intersted in a few details......

What size are your wheels as I've just bought 18 * 8.5 et 30, and they are protruding slightly, looks like I need this done.

Who did you use for the work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Your Golf looks wicked! must have cost you a bit at the bodyshop?!

I've just got myself a Gti turbo and I want to put 18s on it and drop it on coilovers, is this the kind of work I will have to get done to avoid scuffing?

Any advise would be great...
Thanks!

Price wise it was pretty good, the bloke did a good job.

You will only have to do this kind of work if you go as low as mine is, and its pretty low. Im pretty much as low as the car will go so i can still drive!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts