Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave her a quick coat of wax yesterday and finally managed to get some pics in the sun!

Since my last members rides post i've fitted an MFD (D) navigation system and the new retrofit xenon kit supplied by Vagparts. I must say this is a great improvment over their old kit, the colour temp is perfect as it only has a slight blue tint - exactly what i was looking for. The old 6000k kit they used to supply was far too blue IMO.

Anyway, enough of me rambling.....here's the pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://semi.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/anni/020505/020505l.jpg

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
As always, a good shine you got going on there Sem.  The Sat Nav finishes the interior off nicely and the xenons look great.

·
Banned
774 Posts
Is the sat nav any good? Wouldn't mind sticking a unit in my Anniversary if it actually works. I've used other manufacturer sat nav ie BMW, Volvo, Mercedes and found it wasn't very good.

Xenons would be great too it's just when I start adding up the cost of it all and the fact I'd be altering a ltd edition puts me off.

Yours looks great although I think I prefer the rabbit on the grille which is where mine will be going.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Thats one clean anni mate, the interior looks great mate, the climate control unit and satnav look great together. [Y][Y][Y]

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is the sat nav any good? Wouldn't mind sticking a unit in my Anniversary if it actually works. I've used other manufacturer sat nav ie BMW, Volvo, Mercedes and found it wasn't very good.

Xenons would be great too it's just when I start adding up the cost of it all and the fact I'd be altering a ltd edition puts me off.

Yours looks great although I think I prefer the rabbit on the grille which is where mine will be going.
The unit is fantastic, not had any problems with it at all....used it twice last week to get to a couple of our customers sites - the navigation was 100% perfect!

The xenon kit is easily removable, took me about 90 mins to install the HID bulbs and ballasts including bumper removal/replacement, would take about 45 mins to remove the entire kit and put the standard halogens back in!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Simply stunning mate, feeling very very envious...! [:p][:D]

Looking at the pics of your Navi has got me all excited now as i'm waiting on delivery of mine from Simon at bodycarstyling, can't wait now!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
which kit is it Sem ? did vagparts give you a forum discount and how much did it work out at

Cheers
It's the 6000k kit but the colour temp is more like 5000k TBH.

Long story but I bought a used Vagparts kit from the classifieds on here, these developed a fault so Vagparts replaced the entire kit with a brand new one [:D] [;)]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Sem your car looks great,

As far as I remember you've had two great looking Mk4 Golfs now, how do you find the time and money to keep producing great looking cars?

I bet your mates line up to buy your cars from you when your finished with them...

I'm sorry to do this, but I'm going to have to copy you with the "darker smoked standard GTI Hella rear clusters" (bit of a mouth full) like the ones fitted to your car..

Right where's my phone.. Baker21 "WHERE ARE YOU"......

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Right I think I want one of these now...

How much did you pay for the Sat Nav and where did you get it from?

Don't worry I won't start stalking you or anything [6][:|]

By the way where do you live? - LOL only joking [:D][:)]

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sem your car looks great,

As far as I remember you've had two great looking Mk4 Golfs now, how do you find the time and money to keep producing great looking cars?

I bet your mates line up to buy your cars from you when your finished with them...

I'm sorry to do this, but I'm going to have to copy you with the "darker smoked standard GTI Hella rear clusters" (bit of a mouth full) like the ones fitted to your car..

Right where's my phone.. Baker21 "WHERE ARE YOU"......
TBH i've not spent much at all on the Anni.....not going to fall into the same trap as I did with my last car [:$]

Posted Image

Posted Image

She was a stunner if I do say so myself!

No worries with the rear lenses, i'm surprised no one else on here has bought a set from Baker yet. The pics don't really do them any justice IMO.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts