Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not great at it either.

I've not really come across cheating in CSS. May have once or twice without noticing due to things happening like shooting someone for half an hour and then next sec im shot once in the body and im dead, or being shot through a wall! :\

Was just playing now and got into a room just full of bots, its soo funny they way they play as they had their own recorded voices etc was cool and good practice cos it was quite easy and it made me feel good as i ran the show :p

·
Registered
654 Posts
I play it at weekends, not that good but I have my moments. It's all about team-work, which is non existant 99% of the time.

I only play on VAC servers but still there are some highly skilled players or subtle cheats out there!

I'd be up for some headshots, let me know when and where!

·
Registered
873 Posts
At the risk of soundling like a compleate geek....... I love this game. Its f***ing awsome. As for cheating in CSS, its very rare. Valve have evolved VAC so much that its near impossible to use cheat software on any VAC secure servers. Theres a hell of a alota cheating going on in the normal CS though. As for team work. Only really exists if your in a clan and use a voice program like ventrilo or TS2 to talk to each other as you play. Public servers are just for you to go like rambo on your own. Im pretty good at CSS, so if you end up wanting a game id be up for it (if you dont mind being beat [;)])

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Sadly, I have been playing counter-strike pretty much since it first come out about 7 years ago... It can be a little addicitive, but wicked fun when you have a bunch of mates all on the same server :)

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
If there's no cheating and they've sorted out the horrible lag then I could be tempted out of retirement [:p]

Haven't got it installed at the moment but I'm sure I could stick it back on and have another go.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I think alot of people are getting confused between counter strike and counter strike: Source. Source uses the Half life 2 engine and is extreamly life like.

I regards to lag. If you play on a 66 or 100 tick server then any lag is only down to your graphics card, ram, processor, and internet connection.

I get 100fps constart and a ping of bellow 30. absolutly no lag what so ever.

Like i said cheating is very rare in source. But a common thing in the normal counter strike.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[:O]Good stuff!

it's not geeky at all :) just a bit of fun, and I know what ya mean about team work lol i just run off and do my own thing, usually works.

Well I'd set up a server but some reason I could never do it on my pc weird! all other games i can do, opened all ports etc just no one can join mine :(

If someone can set it up that wud be brill, we can have our very own UK MKIVS CSS room, with passwords so no randoms can join, wud be great, just need a time, date and someone to set it up. I know my mate can set them up so he might be more than willing.

Just need to get this organised with you guys :)

If anyone wants to discuss this or maybe if everyone added eachother on MSN it would be easier to organise?

Feel free to add me [email protected] - please dont presribe me to p0rn :p I have enough in my collection lol

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.