Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Copyright protected DVD's

2K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  RJH 
#1 ·
Is there any software that will allow you to get around the protection so that you are able to copy them for personal use not for financial gain?

#6 ·
Sorry guys the links don't work. The decryptor link just puts up a page full of different search keywords with no particular page to download from and believe it or not the DVDshrink official site can't find the file?? Any chance you could send me these programs via e-mail as i could really do with them! Cheers. [;)]

#12 ·
Quote: posted by S1R SS on 14/04/2005 09:40:45

what does dvddecrypter do different to dvd shrink?

1 DVDDecrypter - only strips/rips the data files (encapsulated video/audio) onto your hard disk, uncompressed so that these files could be transcoded into different formats if needed. Software like WinDVD and PowerDVD are able to play these ripped VOB files directly.

2 DVDShrink - it strips and at the same time transcodes the DVD into a burnable DVD formats (files/image) with all known decryption algorithm bypassed.

Choose option 1 is you want to convert DVD into Divx/XviD format or to save space. Use option 2 if you want a full DVD backup.

Best place is get blank DVD is http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/.

#13 ·
Oh, one more thing while we're on the subject, will this also allow you to decrypt copyright protected CD's aswell or is it just purely for DVD's? Sorry if that's a lame question. [:I]

If not is there any software that will decrypt CD's aswell? [^]

#15 ·
Quote: posted by smallboy on 15/04/2005 11:03:24

Quote: posted by RJH on 14/04/2005 23:16:10

Oh, one more thing while we're on the subject, will this also allow you to decrypt copyright protected CD's aswell or is it just purely for DVD's? Sorry if that's a lame question. [:I]

Can't really answer you on this. What kind of CD are we talking about?

#16 ·
Quote: posted by smallboy on 15/04/2005 11:04:29

Quote: posted by smallboy on 15/04/2005 11:03:24

Quote: posted by RJH on 14/04/2005 23:16:10

Can't really answer you on this. What kind of CD are we talking about?

Well basically a few months ago i bought a CD and tried to copy it for a friend, the only problem was (unbeknown to me at the time!) it threw it back out at me and said it was copy protected (bugger!) this was the first time i'd ever come across this problem.. [V]

Anyway, a bloke i used to work with said he should be able to do it no problem, i had nothing to lose so i gave it him and he managed to get around this copy protect by running the disc and some software on his Amiga!!

So i figure, since we have DVD decrypting software, that there must be a similar principle to getting around CD copyrights! [;)]

#20 ·
Quote: posted by RJH on 16/04/2005 00:00:21

Quote: posted by GeeTI on 15/04/2005 23:55:44

Use AnyDVD...............it'll remove encryption from all DVD's and CD's[;)]

Don't suppose you've got link have you?? [;)]

Surprisingly, Nero 6 handles most copyright protected CDs pretty well from experience if you s elect the straight 1:1 copy option. I haven't tried other utilities and will be interested to know how you get on with the suggested one here. Good luck.

#23 ·
I may be wrong, but i don't think there will be any software (at least that we know of or that is widely publicised) that removes the encryption altogether, i think the best you can hope for is software that will allow you to copy copyrighted discs even though they are encrypted! [;)]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.