Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is still up for a convoy from Bristol to the mega meet? Tabs has just posted the info on the forum, so seems like a good time to find out what is happening.

Mike started this thread ages ago: http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/96870/ShowPost.aspx and it would be good if we could get some interest going again and everyone could drive down together.

What are everyones plans? I was thinking of going down Friday evening. Are people intending on camping?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Yep this is a good idea. I have to procure myself a tent though... [:D]
If i can get the one i'm thinking of then there should be plenty of
room.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
We're starting things off on Saturday about 2pm guys and gals, so don't worry about getting an early start [:D]

If you check the map I've posted of our area at Billing you can see there are toilets and showers to the right of the camping area.

There are toilets just behind the uk-mkivs HQ also.

Plenty of facilities at Billing [Y]

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That reminds me, I need to air my tent out. I haven't used it since Reading Festival last year.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks like the meet is kicking off at 12pm on Saturday. What time you fancy leaving on Saturday morning? It should take between 2 and a half to 3 hours I reckon. Shall we meet at the usual place at cribbs or is there a better place to meet for getting on the M4?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Which way were we heading? My route planner says M4 down to Oxford then up the A-roads.

I'll be up for meeting at Cribs as its closer for both of you i think.
For me it would be easier to meet at the Tormarton interchange as its
about 10mins from my house but i'm easy [:D]

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't mind where I meet really. Cribbs is easy though I guess because I got to get to Bristol first anyway. I don't mind an early start, so whatever time you lads want to start off. Yeah along M4 to Junction 15 then A roads was the way I went to the pod the other week, it was easy enough. Follow Mike anyway, he's got the sat nav [;)]

Anyone else from the Bristol area want to join in?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts