Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, hi to all.

Just recently I've gone and bought myself a VW Bora, the ST TDi model, which means I have officially converted over to the darkside;)

In the past I've had 2 other VW's, both Mk3 diesel Golfs, that I well and truely hated, so what did I go and do? - I bought a Bora! And actually, I love the car. I love the car so much, I even went to see my favorite friend at angeltuning (www.angeltuning.co.uk) who has put it upto 185bhp.

He says he can do 210 with a tuning box and CDA, but 185 is ENOUGH in a Bora.

Ian.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome [:)] & well played, I had a golf tdi before I bought the bora, and they handle well better than a golf as standard, I've had a revo done on mine, but you get used to the power, you can always do witha little more [Y]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers guys. Been trawling through the Forums here and there are some very interesting threads!

Regarding subtle modifications, not so long ago I got a quote for an OEM bodykit for the Bora, which was around ?1300. I thought that was a bit extensive for what I was after, however, I do like the lower lip on the back of the 4motion where the dual-exit exhaust sits...

I'm also after a set of 18" BBS RC's, but the cheapest I can find them for is ?225 each without tyres! Anyone got any ideas?

Are there any other mods worth doing for subtleness?

Ian.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh believe you me, it does!

I can hardly put the power down in 1st and 2nd, as traction control just bltches at me :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice one mate,

It really upsets some people when you razz past them, Esp when they realise it was a diesel!!
Ho ho ho !!

Without a doubt..... Especially them VTR's and Corsa's that knock about 'round here.

Even the lad with the brand new Smart Coup? thing has major trouble
keeping up now I've had it remapped! I get the impression he's well
cheesed off :D

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Welcome mate - 185 for now... If you start hitting the ceiling with that though you know you'll be back for the 210...

What do you prefer in the Bora over the Golf outta curiosity??

C

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Ho ho ho !!

Without a doubt..... Especially them VTR's and Corsa's that knock about 'round here.

Even the lad with the brand new Smart Coup? thing has major trouble keeping up now I've had it remapped! I get the impression he's well cheesed off :D
Smart Coupe [:$].......LOL

Welcome to the forum & the darkside!! [Y]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts