Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
has anyone got a rattle in front passenger door?? the passenger door on my 3dr golf rattles when going over bumps! anyone know how to fix??

·
Registered
131 Posts
Throttle body problems causing idle speed fluctuation, front wipers seizing, creaks & groans from suspension, door lock failures.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Engine temperature sensor (all)

Lambda sensors (V5/V6)

Gearbox (1.6)

Water pump (all)

Excessive oil consumption (2.0)

Ignition coil packs (1.8T, V5, V6)

·
Registered
730 Posts
I think squeeky drivers seat was a problem on some early golfs,

clutch problem on early golfs

also the rear brake problem (corrosion of copper washer)

Glove box

Paint problem, again early golfs.

Anni wheel corrosion, Monty 2's also?? not sure.

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
any chance of a list of common faults on the golf mk4 please!!

thanksss
That question could make this a VERY long thread! Am surprised that nobody has mentioned MAF sensor yet!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
glove box lid locking mechanism
Seconded ! I fixed mine by removing the glovebox unit and cracking the sealed door open, the mechanism is

utterly pony, 2 self tapping screws sorted it , and araldited the door back together again, sorted ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
The copper washer previously mentioned sealing the flexible brake pipe to the brake caliper was actually a aluminium washer that corrodes. The replacement is a copper washer.

The rear tailgate washer tupe can split anywhere after a bout of freezing weather, in my case above the hatch lock.

In addition, centre console trim creaks on many a Golf.

SO WHY DID WE BUY THESE GOLFS?.

·
Registered
287 Posts
SO WHY DID WE BUY THESE GOLFS?.
Was just thinking that too!!!

My centre console and drivers door squeeks. Had a couple of leaks from where the hose enters the rear wash wipe, (got so peed off with it I superglued the bugger, now no wash!!) and the boot lock stopped working. And now I have slight corrosion around the rear hatch handle.

But I still love my Golf.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts