Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been driving home from dropping my girlfriend at work, and for no reason I can think of the ABS warning light has come on. I only noticed it as I was parking up at home, so I'm not sure when exactly it came on. I havent been over any pot holes or can think of any reason why it would come on. In fact I was sat in traffic for most of the time.

The car had a full service & MOT last month and nothing was flagged.

Can anyone suggest common causes on the ABS warning light?

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
nothing to worry about then?

I was wondering if I would need Vagcom, but I guess not...
fella change it.. i thought it would be ok on my Audi. Long story short, it spazzed out my ABS aproaching a 5 lane round about, i had to go between the 2 cars that were waiting at end of the intersection and ended up sideways sliding towards the concrete centre of the round about. How me and my 8 year old missed every car from 3 cars back in a que, plus the 5 lanes of traffic going round the round about at the time i dont know! I have the same prob on my bora as i drowned it washing my wheels on friday eve! have not driven it since as i dont wanna kill myself or anyone else for that matter! i have cleared it with VAGCOM for now but i know it needs changing. Change the sensor man! lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
brake light switch or a bulb, check before you leave for a journey that they work and then again when the warning ight appears.

easy only a tenner or so and a few minutes of your time to fix

·
Registered
146 Posts
Depending on which model golf you have, a faulty MAF sensor can also cause the ABS light to come on.

Get a VAG com scan to make sure

1 - 12 of 12 Posts