Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
what a brilliant result, didn't expect nothing out of that match but we outdone them with 3 quality goals. Just hope we can do it again midweek in the carling cup

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
what a brilliant result, didn't expect nothing out of that match but we outdone them with 3 quality goals. Just hope we can do it again midweek in the carling cup
Yeah great result, absolutely hate liverpool, cos we always struggle to get a good result against them. Hope we do well again midweek. COME ON!!! [y]

·
Registered
674 Posts
I actually have a lot of respect for Liverpool and there fans. We just HAVE to beat them in the cc though coz then we get to knock the yids out in the semis!

·
Registered
87 Posts
coz then we get to knock the yids out in the semis!
We will have to see about that!!

Its a revenge match for the 3 - 0 thrashing you gave us in the premiership a couple of weeks back!

Come on the yids!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Don't be silly Matt. The only way you will beat us is if we put the kids out against your full strength team, and then you aint got much to brag about coz you will have only beat our reserves, which you should be expected to do anyway

·
Registered
654 Posts
I thought Liverpool might do a special and get the second but Dudek is not particularly on par with Reina, didn't get a hand to stopping any of the goals.

Speaking of which, why do none of the Premiership teams use their main goalie, Man U and Aston Villa are playing now and neither have their main goalie, just like Arsenal and Liverpool yesterday. Is it some kind of rule you are not allowed to use your top goalie during FA Cup qualifiers?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Im not sure about the rule, but I was quite suprised as to why Lehmann didn't start or wasn't even on the bench. Almunia didn't really have to do much though =p

·
Registered
246 Posts
It was a great result, got my weekend off to a flier, then I went to Goodison & felt like hanging myself.

I thought Liverpool might do a special and get the second but Dudek is not particularly on par with Reina, didn't get a hand to stopping any of the goals.

Speaking of which, why do none of the Premiership teams use their main goalie, Man U and Aston Villa are playing now and neither have their main goalie, just like Arsenal and Liverpool yesterday. Is it some kind of rule you are not allowed to use your top goalie during FA Cup qualifiers?
I don't know about Arsenal, United or the Kopites but Aston Villa are playing Kiraly because their 1st & 2nd choice keepers are both injured, they got him in on loan because he's fell out with Peter Taylor (the Crystal Palace manager)

·
Registered
674 Posts
get in there arsenal, 4-1 half time!!! why can't we play at anfield every week. Up until Saturday they had only conceded 2 goals there all season in all competitions. And now in 1 and a half matches we have put 7 past them!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts