Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a Mk4 Golf TDi 130 the rear bumper is colour coded and then the small spoiler under the bumper is black. I asked a bodyshop about spraying it the same colour and they said it wouldn't look right as the finish on the spoiler is too rough and wouldn't look a shiny enough finish as the silver on the bumper which is smooth.

Can anyone let me know if this is right, and if there is a way round it?

Cheers.

·
Registered
518 Posts
needs to be 'sanded down' - this will make it smoother and then it can be colour coded.

There's def a way round it as loads of folks on here have done it.

Personally i think that if the bodyshop tried to fob you off like that, they can't be either very professional, or good at the job.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
like this you mean?

yes it can definately be done.

needs lots of spray filler and sanding to get it smooth and shiny.

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Quote: posted by Gareth_1.8T on 04/03/2005 11:30:29

I'll get my coat...

not at all mate,just me being touch

i'm allways worried my bum looks big in silver[;)]

·
Registered
361 Posts
You need to apply some high build primer and then sand the thing down in preparation for the final paint finish.

See, no reference to bums or homosexual activity,....apart from the end.

D'OH !!

:)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Another one for you, the tow eye cut has has been smoothed over. Any decent body shop should be up to this task.

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by Cluke on 04/03/2005 15:09:57

Another one for you, the tow eye cut has has been smoothed over. Any decent body shop should be up to this task.

Posted Image

My bum will look like that v soon!!! not for long tho, cos then im getting it plastic welded and smoothed into the bumper [:D][:D]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts