Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to colour code the bump stripes and still end up with a decent result? or is it better to take it to a bodyshop?

Has someone got a guide on how to do it? I remember a while ago, someone posted a link.

·
Registered
553 Posts
best to use a how to guide in that section. run a search.

there is a good how to on painting valances. should be the same process

however I do remember reading that the black plasic bumper strips are thinner that the ones on coded cars, so proably best buy a new set from the stealer, you could always use your old ones to practice on.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
That was just for the door and bumper strips.

I got the car colour coded, strips, handles, front and rear valances and rear spoiler all painted and fitted for ?450-?500..

Here's a few pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just had my 1.6SE Flash Red Golf colour coded at local bodyshop. Four door handles, four bumper strips made smooth (original ones) and door mouldings done. Including fitting delocking parts to passenger side. All for ?307.14. Looks great Sorry no pics car is to dirty to show. Had to buy new door srtrips, around ?100.00 from stealers.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just had my 1.6SE Flash Red Golf colour coded at local bodyshop. Four door handles, four bumper strips made smooth (original ones) and door mouldings done. Including fitting delocking parts to passenger side. All for ?307.14. Looks great Sorry no pics car is to dirty to show. Had to buy new door srtrips, around ?100.00 from stealers.
why did you need new door strips but not new bumper strips?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The bodyshop said they could paint the bumper strips without renewing them. Had to get new door strips as they had to remove them to paint them properly. Who was I to argue. Plus it saved me some money.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts