Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else seperate their coins when they empty their pockets?

Seems I may have gone overboard, I had a few places where I stuck change and just gathered it all together and stuck it in this nasty, big bowl I found up the loft and haven't chucked yet (difficult to chuck glass things as big as this and now it has a purpose!).

It dont look that much, but the bowl is 12" across at least, and the coins fill a depth of about 4"!

Anyone beat this, and any guestimates as to how much is there? Anything from 1 - 50p coins in there.

[:^)] Don't feel like counting it!

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Considering I saw about 40 50p's at least when i was putting it all in there I reckon ?26 is a very low guesstimate!

That bowl don't really show it very well.

·
Registered
881 Posts

40 50p's! you never mentioned that, well in that case i guess ?52

You do realise other people are going to start guessing and then you will have to count it anyway!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
?55.60

I do this, in about 3 years i have filled a quality street jar pretty much full with 2`s and 1`s. and ive got another jar full of 5,10,20 and sometimes the odd higher pence to surprise me later on in life. i probably have about ?100 in total but the problem comes to trying to change it into the notes.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
?49.37 is my offer.

I've got a Nescafe coffee tin that I've had for years as my coin collector. It's currently just over half full with 1p's, 2p's, 5p's at 10p's. I haven't bothered counting it as I haven't got any money bags. Once I get some I'll count it up.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spose I should start counting.If I do it over the day, it won't be so bad! [:'(]

Mindyou, got nothing to put it in, so will have rows upon rows and coins until I get the bags!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I had a similar predicament a few months back;

Posted Image

Posted Image

I ended up counting over ?100 in 1p, 2p and 5p pieces.

Why not get yourself down to Comet at get hold of a coin counter for a ?5 ?

Posted Image

·
Registered
621 Posts
We (the GF and I) have a plastic water cooler bottle and we normally put our change in that, Myself more than the GF as she won't part with any coin over the value 20p.

We use it for Airport spends when we go on holiday, and as we went to mexico in November we counted it and it had a supprising ?196.00 in it, bearing in mind we only started filling it in Jan/Feb time (the same year). The bottle was only 2-3 inches full. God knows what it would hold if totally full[:O]

My 2p[:p]

Anyway my guess is ?47.23

Carl

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think you guys may be just a little bit out! Five handfuls and I counted over ?16. And the bowl seems to be just as big.

I'm reckoning near ?200.

No way I'm gonna sit here counting it though. Need one of those coin sorters and bags to put it in.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I've got a nice big quality street jar thing, and it's now 1/3 full. Keep going and I'll get there.

I cheat when it comes to counting mine. I cellotape it up, and give it to mum to take to work. She puts it through the coinc counting machine and I get lots of shiny notes at the end of it. I used to be able to get 40 quid outta a pint (but then I sling everything under 50p in mine, I don't split them out!), so I'm WELL looking forward to that filling up.

150quid + anyone?? [H]

C

PS - mum works in a supermarket cash office btw [:)]

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Well 40 X 50p is 200 quid so if you say half of that is 100 smackers

i recon there must be around 150-160 quid in there lol

my mum has a VERY large wisky optic bottle from a pub so i might nick that and start filling for mods and MORE moda LOL

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's surprising how it builds up. I never thought about it, just kept emptying my pockets of coins into different places depending on where I was. The fact I couldnt see the window ledge in the bedroom anymore made me go round the house collecting it all.

Like I say, it's everything under a quid. Aint been doing it that long either, maybe 6 months, could be a year, dunno. I know I bought some from my parents house that I was going to bag up and take to the bank, but it wasn't even half what I got now.

I thought 40 x 50p was 20 quid [;)]

1 - 20 of 45 Posts