Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at lowering my mk5 1.6 fsi in the next 2 weeks and need some help deciding which is best. My friend has coilovers which has made the ride very hard and uncomfortable, admitadly they are rubbish coilovers but i dont know if springs would be less hard? Im only looking to spend around 600.

·
@SprintMPW
1,758 Posts
coilovers all the way.. look into AP coils.. have a word with damien on here dpm performance..or venommotorsport...

best thing is to buy good and buy once [:D]...however there are many other good makes of coils (weitec, JOM)

i have ap and they havnt let me down at all

hope this helps

Mat

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
collies are good plus you get the the drop you want.

I've never driven a car with uprated shocks/springs but id always go for collies.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
If one uses the force of the 'search' function, one will find all the answers they seek...

Use the force [;)]

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just doing the springs will make the car sit on the wrong point on the shock making it handle like a shopping trolley.

Coilovers vs springs and shocks - all good, depends on which ones you buy.

Dont forget there are a huge amount of budget coilovers that are also shockingly bad.

Best thing to do? Go to a meet, and have a ride in something that has been lowered or has had replacement suspention and see how it feels.

It is an individual thing for everyone. Some likey - some no likey.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts