Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i suspect this is a pretty common topic but im pretty much in the dark about coilovers, i wanna spend up to 400 sheets on some just wanted some advice on which to buy and some reviews if poss???

cheers

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Quite a few guys on here are running JOM coilovers, which are available for around £160 to £180. I've had a set of these, and they're good value for money. Personally I found the ride a bit bouncy, and over some uneven roads on the way to work, it was like being on a pogo stick.

Around a year ago, I changed the JOMs for a set of Weitec Hicon GT Coilovers, which were around £390 at the time. These are an excellent ride, with plastic adjustment rings which will not seize like metal ones.I believe that these are now around £460.

With coilovers, you get what you pay for. Here's a link to DPM performance, with a range of coilovers for the Mk4.

There are plenty of threads which already exist and relate to this topic, give the search function a try [y]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers will take a look, and i didnt realise there was a search function, new to this forum and not the best on a computer [:|]

·
Registered
5,761 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Yeah we've had them back in for a week or so now but once this lot is gone we won't have another delivery until the end of April, quite a few pallets come in so should see us over though.

Damian @ DPM Performance
thats good..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts