Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know im going to be biased as a spurs fan but how good was lennon tonight, still disagree with svens walcott theory

·
Registered
266 Posts
He really impressed me last night, thought he played well, shame he had a load of cart horses around him though! As a spurs fan, how did you feel Dawson did?

I still think with Walcotts pace, he's one to look out for in the future.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dawson played ok not one of his better games though, jenas seemed to play ok aswell...i agree maybe with your walcott for the future but i dont think his ready yet

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I went to the game last night and IMO Dawson & Jenas were awful!

I expected Jenas to shine but he was bossed as if here were a boy playing against men.

Lennon played very well though, definatley a future star ...

·
Registered
266 Posts
I didnt think Dawson played well at all, i dont think he ever got in synch with the game, looked a bit slow, just never got in to it, but i cant and wont judge a player on 20mins of a game, but he'll have to do better with his future opportunities IMO.

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
I don't think your biased at all mate.

I'm a Gooner and I think he deserves to be where he is. He terrorised
Flamini down that side against us a couple of months ago and he's had a
superb season. Same with Carrick, he had a great season.

Unfortunately though, will Sven ever have the balls to play Lennon instead of Beckham?? I doubt it very much.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think your biased at all mate.

I'm a Gooner and I think he deserves to be where he is. He terrorised Flamini down that side against us a couple of months ago and he's had a superb season. Same with Carrick, he had a great season.
Unfortunately though, will Sven ever have the balls to play Lennon instead of Beckham?? I doubt it very much.
theres alot of players id rather see played then beckham...alot of people stick up for this guy because he scores a free kick about 1 in 10..but he has passed his time

·
Registered
266 Posts
Surely last nights game has got to of changed you mind about Beckham, da_cortez, and he's not just about scoring free kicks, he can cross a ball and bin point pass across field, like no one else, he's near to his best again in my opinion! And a valuable player to have in the first team!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Surely last nights game has got to of changed you mind about Beckham, da_cortez, and he's not just about scoring free kicks, he can cross a ball and bin point pass across field, like no one else, he's near to his best again in my opinion! And a valuable player to have in the first team!
totally disagree, he can cross a ball but he cant tackle, he cant take players on his not fast..against a decent opponent he will get done everytime. example of a player that can do all that is stevie gerrard

·
Registered
266 Posts
Granted he cant tackle, or take people on or that he's quick.....but does he need too? Weve got other people to do that! i know everyone should be able to do all these things, but you dont expect JT to be able to cross a ball like Beckham, so it would be daft to expect him to tackle like Terry! But i do agree that Gerrard is a world class all round player, one of the best, if not the best in position, but thats coming from a Red!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Granted he cant tackle, or take people on or that he's quick.....but does he need too? Weve got other people to do that! i know everyone should be able to do all these things, but you dont expect JT to be able to cross a ball like Beckham, so it would be daft to expect him to tackle like Terry! But i do agree that Gerrard is a world class all round player, one of the best, if not the best in position, but thats coming from a Red!
i could understand that if he was a striker but midfielders need to be able to tackle and be quick to get back and defend and to get up to support the strikers..he can cross a ball but i dont think its enough to warrent his space. also do you think he should be captin? id rather see gerard or terry.

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
I'd love to see Terry as captain, and no doubt he will be soon.

If anyone was born to be a leader - its that fella.

I wish he was a Gooner[:)]

·
Registered
266 Posts
i could understand that if he was a striker but midfielders need to be able to tackle and be quick to get back and defend and to get up to support the strikers..he can cross a ball but i dont think its enough to warrent his space. also do you think he should be captin? id rather see gerard or terry.
But he doesnt need to have the pace to get back up if he stay up with the striker, its for counter attacks, if everyone is back defending then we make a break we have no runners, plus Beckham can just hoof one up field, pin point in to the path of a striker.

As Wallace said, i would love to see Terry as Captain, he is a born leader, and will be great, and im sure if we dont do it this year, he'll be our captain next world cup or even Euros to win them!!!!

But i still think Becks is worthy for his place!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But he doesnt need to have the pace to get back up if he stay up with the striker, its for counter attacks, if everyone is back defending then we make a break we have no runners, plus Beckham can just hoof one up field, pin point in to the path of a striker.

As Wallace said, i would love to see Terry as Captain, he is a born leader, and will be great, and im sure if we dont do it this year, he'll be our captain next world cup or even Euros to win them!!!!

But i still think Becks is worthy for his place!
i still think he is so overated and over payed, hopefully this will be his last world cup.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lennon just keeps getting better...i think if beckham wasnt such a high status person, he would loose his place in the team. its the same with ronaldo for brazil, his so out of shape and lost his touch but they wont drop him because of his status. i wish sven would have some balls and start lennon over beckham.

when rooney and lennon came on against trinidad and tobago they completley changed the game...cant see why he brings on downing though. beckham at right back as well lucky trinidad didnt get a break away.

rant over lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts