Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is no pressure on the pedal, even if you manually pull the pedal back up. The computer has now thrown up a "brake fault" warning on the dash.

Possible faults? The clutch has never slipped, and have an invoice from the last owner where it was replcaed summer 2010.

if it helps, ever since buying the car, the return of the clutch pedal after pressing it was slow.... The release bearing use to humm slightly?

Do you think this could be the slave cylinder?

·
Registered
221 Posts
sounds lie clutch slave, top up brake fluid resivor and see if any fluid passed out through the slave or simply pull the rubber back off the slave

·
Registered
221 Posts
sounds like clutch slave, top up brake fluid resivor and see if any fluid passed out through the slave or simply pull the rubber back off the slave

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems like it is the slave, the oil is leaking from between the gearbox and the enginge block. The brake fluid was empty, so im guessing thats the symptomes?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had this on my mk4, suddenly went one morning...in the snow! i got towed to my local mechanic and it was a bracket on the pedal, simple weld and £30 later it was sorted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts