Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals
I am just letting you know that at the moment we have a few ECS 5 speed stage 1 clutches that we are offering at a really really stupid price of ?275.00 + VAT

The kit includes the lightened 14lb steel flywheel and the upgrade kit.
Its even got the bolts and the alignment tools inside.

Sorry but there is no technician in there to do the job for you , but hey with that price , what else would you expect

Call now as we dont have many left and the others will be here in about 2-3 weeks

Sarah

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mate

For the 6 speed ones I would reccomend either the Sachs one at ?450.90 + VAT and that one uses the OEM dual mass and comes with the clutch plate and the pressure plate

With that I would reccomend the release bearing too at approx ?49.00 + VAT

Then there is the Helix set up at ?800.00 + VAT

That comes with the single mass flywheel and the release bearing

The Helix one is a stronger one

Unfortunately there is not a cheaper one for the 6 speed [:(]

Sarah

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Hi guys and gals
I am just letting you know that at the moment we have a few ECS 5 speed stage 1 clutches that we are offering at a really really stupid price of ?275.00 + VAT

The kit includes the lightened 14lb steel flywheel and the upgrade kit.
Its even got the bolts and the alignment tools inside.

Sorry but there is no technician in there to do the job for you , but hey with that price , what else would you expect

Call now as we dont have many left and the others will be here in about 2-3 weeks

Sarah
are the above clutch mention will fit mk4 golf 1.8 turbo .....

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
What power can these handle? Would one of these be better than the popular g60 clutch and flywheel people choose to put in the 1.8T's ???

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi

These are stronger than the Sachs G60 clutch set up

But with the G60 set up you can do the Helix ones that are stroner

This is for the 1.8T Golf`s but only 5 speed ones not a 6 speed

Sarah

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Hi

These are stronger than the Sachs G60 clutch set up

But with the G60 set up you can do the Helix ones that are stroner

This is for the 1.8T Golf`s but only 5 speed ones not a 6 speed

Sarah
Excellent, how many do you have in stock and how long is the offer running for?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi

We have 3 of these in stock

They have sold so well we are trying to keep them at this price for a while

Hope that helps

Sarah

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Hi Mate

For the 6 speed ones I would reccomend either the Sachs one at ?450.90 + VAT and that one uses the OEM dual mass and comes with the clutch plate and the pressure plate

With that I would reccomend the release bearing too at approx ?49.00 + VAT

Then there is the Helix set up at ?800.00 + VAT

That comes with the single mass flywheel and the release bearing

The Helix one is a stronger one

Unfortunately there is not a cheaper one for the 6 speed [:(]

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

Can you just confirm what you get for the ?800 Helix set up, Is that the friction plate, pressure plate, release bearing and single mass flywheel? Also is this a paddle type clutch?

Also how much is the single mass flywheel by itself and is this compatable with the Sachs clutch aswell? I'm assuming the Sachs one is not a paddle type clutch?

Sorry for all the questions, but the wife drives the car more than me and I don't want her moaning about it being hard to drive

Chris.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Sarah,

Can you just confirm what you get for the ?800 Helix set up, Is that the friction plate, pressure plate, release bearing and single mass flywheel? Also is this a paddle type clutch? Yes that is correct , clutch plate , pressure plate , release bearing and single mass flywheel

Also how much is the single mass flywheel by itself and is this compatable with the Sachs clutch aswell? I'm assuming the Sachs one is not a paddle type clutch? I am afraid that the single mass flywheel will not fit the Sachs clutch kit

Sorry for all the questions, but the wife drives the car more than me and I don't want her moaning about it being hard to drive

It is not a problem Chris as this is what I am here for

Chris.

The only down side to the Helix clutch is the noise that you get in neutral with the single mass flywheel.It is not THAT bad and we have sold many of these.Helix have got a tad more weight on to the SMF to get rid of a bit of the noise though.

Do not do paddle clutch if the Mrs is going to drive it , as there is no bite to the clutch pedal , it is on of off NO inbetween

The feel that you will get from the Sachs and the Helix is not that far off OEM too

Hope that helps

Sarah

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Thanks Sarah,

So the Helix isn't a paddle then?

And what torque is it rated to?

Also could you give me a price for the lot, including fitting and VAT and then a price for just the delivery and VAT.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi

So the Helix isn't a paddle then? No it isnt , so the bite will feel better than paddle

And what torque is it rated to? 350 lb/ft ish

Also could you give me a price for the lot, including fitting and VAT and then a price for just the delivery and VAT. Delivered to your door ?931.34 all in or fitted ?1181.62 all in fitted

Thanks

Hope that helps

Sarah

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No problem at all

That is what I am here for , when I can get on

Busy at the mo , but this is the part of the job I enjoy

Any more questions please feel free to call us back

Sarah

·
Registered
567 Posts
clutch tbh is a lot lighter than before mainly down to it being new being single mass it seems to rev better and pulls loads better  too

1 - 20 of 54 Posts