Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You mean clutch pedal collapsed?
That's a common problem - DIY here.
On its way down it probably damaged the rod going into the master cylinder.

I get some of my parts here, cheaper than VW and shipping to Oz is based on weight, as opposed to a fixed price shipping irrespective of what you order on other sites.

Best to get the part number off the faulty item, otherwise look up parts diagram on 7zap. Don't just rely on their drop boxes when ordewring.

When reinstalling the master cylinder & elbow, make sure the tiny rubber seal is in place, as shown in my close up.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
LUK is the brand of clutch kit (AUD 750) & master cylinder (AUD 55). Postage was on top.
I couldn't find a new elbow, I would have replaced that also.

You may also need to replace the clutch control switch (it sits at the top of the pedal assembly)

I did all work myself, my links are for parts for my Bora V6. Yours may be different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So what is the delivery time from the Cars245? It is a pretty good price but time is our biggest issue.
In the close up you are referring to the o ring on the elbow?
I have not been back on the project yet as it has been pissing down for the last two days.

·
Registered
10,893 Posts
Nope the Elbow isn't a modification it is how the part is... and i have replaced mine twice in the time i had the car,
it just makes the pipe sit closer to the firewall in a fixed position...

but yeah it can be put on without it... as i found out too...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts